cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random dialling of numbers and random people cutting into private conversations

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having some very weird issues on the o2 network that have only started up recently.

We are on a corporate contracts

Many of our employees are complaining about the following

1. calls dropping frequently

2. dialling a contact goes through to random numbers and people

3. cant hear the person you have dialled, they cant hear you.

We have had issues where people are in a conversation with someone and randomly another person pops into the conversation and it cuts off the call to the person you were originally talking too, when that person calls back they then get through to the person who randomly dropped into the conversation.

A new mast has been installed in the area (Newquay, Cornwall close to Fistral Beach) but surely this cant be a reason why.

Its not happening to all employees with o2 contracts just a few but we are and have been experiencing weird and random problems with the o2 network over the last 6-8 weeks.

Can anyone shed any light on these issues?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144358 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Your best course of action would be to call up CS and report the issues to the network team.
You can also check if any work is going on in your area here http://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying!

I have called up CS on numerous occasions and have been told they cannot see how this is happening and cannot replicate it.

Problem is that doesnt solve my problem!

As ive mentioned in another thread our o2 business contract is up in 2 weeks time and this is a deal breaker as its so unprofessional for any of our employess to not know who they are calling when they think they do. 

Also we deal with sensitive information so eavesdroppers on the calls intentional or not is not an option for us and being tole to watch what we are saying on our phones is not a good enough answer so we are putting our contract out to tender as we simply cannot put up with this.

Be interested too know if there are many other o2 users who have experienced this??

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144358 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
We can the odd report of it on here but it's not in epidemic proportions.....
Can you tie it down to calls routed through a particular mast or area at all?
Maybe @Toby can pick this up to give it some momentum?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

There are very few business customers on here so it's difficult to comment in all honesty. This is a major problem for a business and if you aren't getting assistance from your o2 business manager then it would be irresponsible to even think about renewing the contract.

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

This has happened to one of our O2 Business Corporate customers before.

Whilst i don't know exactly how a new mast causes the issue and it can be rectified by the network. Essentially they have to disconnect and reconnect your number to the network.

Unfortunately this isn't the fastest process and will cause loss of service whilst they do this.

Instead of speaking to customer services, i would suggest speaking to technical support.

Message 6 of 7

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm Toby, the community manager. Can you please send me a PM about this (there's a link in my signature) and we'll see what can be done for you.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 7