cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REPEATED MESSAGES

Anonymous
Not applicable

WHY AM I RECEIVING MESSAGES UP TO NINE TIMES AND 12 HOURS AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN SENT.  WHY DOES MY PHONE KEEP SEMNDING THE SAME MESSAGE OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!

Message 1 of 25
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's 99% a network issue as users on the giffgaff forum are reporting the same issues this weekend.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It could be a sim or network fault.
Try turning off and removing your sim. Clean it and put it back in.
If it persists a sim swap may be helpful.
It could also be a network issue which will resolve itself in time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
As a process of elimination can you try your Sim Card in another phone to rule out either the Sim Card or Phone which may be at fault.
Message 3 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
As a process of elimination can you try your Sim Card in another phone to rule out either the Sim Card or Phone which may be at fault.

@Anonymous perhaps I should not ask these questions here. If so - apologies and perhaps someone could move the post to a more suitable location (albeit the bin).

(1) Is it possible for some malware/virus (or whatever the correct technical term is) to be installed on a mobile phone without the owner/user being aware of it?

(2) Is there any such malware that could send text messages repeatedly in the manner described by the OP? (I have neard of such viruses/malware getting into Personal Computers and merrily sending out emails to all the contact email addresses it finds on the computer.)

(3)  If a virus/malware is a possibility in this or any other case, is there any danger attached to using the SIM card in another phone to test it?  In other words can malware insinuate itself on to a SIM card?

I know these are probably daft questions - but it would be nice to know the answers anyway.

Message 4 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
A daft question is one not asked in the first place @Anonymous

To be honest in all the years I've had phones I've not had any type of virus and not have any of my acquaintances.

It's possible for viruses to hit phones as reported in the media.

I've heard of ones in China and some that require for the phone to be accessed by the hacker and stuff added via hardware of cable.
Message 5 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps the OP @Anonymous would also be a touch more considerate when asking for assistance by not using capitals please.
Message 6 of 25

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

WHY AM I RECEIVING MESSAGES UP TO NINE TIMES AND 12 HOURS AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN SENT.  WHY DOES MY PHONE KEEP SEMNDING THE SAME MESSAGE OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!

I used to experience a similar problem. In my case it seemed to be some TuGo related thing, or so I'm guessing. If I'd switch my O2 sim off with TuGo left enabled (phone in flight mode with WiFi on, or me abroad using a local sim), I was naturally getting all the txt messages via TuGo. But after switching my O2 sim back on, I wasn't just getting all my incoming texts repeatedly sent to me, this time over the phone (that is annoying but expected behaviour), but was getting them sent to me several times, just like yourself.

That said, I haven't experienced that glitch for quite a while now.

Message 7 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple txt is usually a fault. If it's the sim, you need a sim swap,if it's the phone it needs repairing.

The best way to find out is ,like mentioned before, use your sim in another phone for a day and see if the problem persists.

Hope this helps slight_smile

@Anonymous , "I've heard of ones in China and some that require for the phone to be accessed by the hacker and stuff added via hardware of cable." Spaced , don't get it?

Message 8 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Multiple txt is usually a fault. If it's the sim, you need a sim swap,if it's the phone it needs repairing.

The best way to find out is ,like mentioned before, use your sim in another phone for a day and see if the problem persists.

Hope this helps slight_smile

@Anonymous , "I've heard of ones in China and some that require for the phone to be accessed by the hacker and stuff added via hardware of cable." Spaced , don't get it?

Didn't explain the last bit too well , sorry. 

To start as I've said I have never had a mobile phone virus and as I did say nor have any of my acquaintances who discuss such topics with me. Regarding 'hardware cable" I was referring to a person introducing naughty software etc via a usb cable. 

Message 9 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

right...do you mean the ones people were talking about a while back, where they could access you messages, phone book,calls...etc ? How does that work? Sorry not a "virus" expert...

Message 10 of 25