cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purple spots showing on camera

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have only just noticed that on the galaxy s6 front facing camera, before and after taking a picture that it shows random purple spots on the screen? I have factory reset my phone and it still shows the dots? Only comes down to hardware problem?

Anyone else experienced this on the S6 (32GB)?

Shall I send it back to shop, I have had this phone since April 

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

hey... this is teh start of screen bleed from teh inside of the LCD the same thing happened to mine and it got progressivly worse over a 2 day period.. it was found that the phone was over heating whilst on charge and caused the screen to pretty much blow from the inside out causing pink dots and screen bleed... if you take it back to store and discuss with them samsungs do have the notorious trouble of getting very hot whilst on charge and with the s6 you can not remove the battery or back to let the phone cool down so once it over heats it is a bit of an issue... , mine was the 32gb edge....

Sorry, but it's not that.

The problem the op is having is due to the sensor firmware not being updated while the camera software relies on it being the latest firmware .

The pink spots in this ops case write to the photos and can be zoomed in and move with the image. It is also only present while using the selfie camera, screen lcd bleed would effect the whole usage of the phone.

However, I would have gotten a 2nd opinion on your edge repair, as amoled panels don't blow out in the same way as lcd panels and there is now way on earth that the overheating battery would cause led failures over the whole screen and turn them all the same colour.

Message 31 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
you tell him ! LOL
Message 32 of 48

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I thought we'd all agreed it was camera driver issue way back on page 1 ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@MI5 well samsung said it was not the hardware problem, so would it have been a camera firmware issue?

I will hopefully find out what samsung actually did when I get my S6 back this week (only assume that they will write down what things they did?)

Message 34 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 122811 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Yes you all agreed (in fact you got the solution @MI5). wink

Also... I don't think any of us would question @viridis expertise with cameras and photography....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 122811 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous They should include a list of what they repaired or replaced. The important thing to me (as I am no expert) ...has it got rid of the purple spot issue ...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 36 of 48

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Hopefully, it's not as though it was a fault they couldn't reproduce when testing.

Message 37 of 48

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 well samsung said it was not the hardware problem, so would it have been a camera firmware issue?

Any fault is either hardware or software.

I know this particular issue isn't hardware because it's been around since the S3 which was the first phone that Samsung used the specific configuration still used today for camera firmware (blobs).

Initially it was thought to be a camera module problem but as Samsung replaced the modules and the issue remained it was clearly a software issue.

They never fixed it on the S3 and just replaced complete phones for those effected by it and I thought the issue had been fixed, but it seems to have come back again now with the S6 which I guess is because they are stretching the limits a bit to improve the camera over the S5.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 38 of 48

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

We did.

Just clarifying what it's definately not.

Message 39 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry once again... was just sharing an experiance i had..

Message 40 of 48