cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing of boost box

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get a very poor signal if any inside our property .After much too-ing and fro-ing i have at last found that O2 have a boost box which is exactly the same as the vodaphone suresignal unit and both are made by Lucent actel.The only difference is that O2 are charging £150 yes £150 for the unit which on Vodaphone is half that price and even on the Lucent Actel site it costs £140 for the o2 compatible unit.Why is O2 charging so much if they wish to keep their customers that have this problem .I dont want to leave o2 as a long term customer but its looking as though i will have no choice.Please re-think your pricing on this unit O2

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to be on Vodafone and was given a Sure Signal free of charge several years ago (they no longer do this as apparently they make a loss).  I didn't have any problems with it and I really wish O2 would do the same as, despite the signal checker saying I should have good signal, the signal varies a lot.  I would rather pay for a O2 equivalent Sure Signal than use TuGo to be honest.

Message 31 of 45

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

What made you change to O2 Tracey?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 32 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Poor customer service to be honest.  The final straw was when I traded in a phone to buy a different handset and I couldn't get on with the new one.  I had so many problems getting a refund that I'd had enough.  I was left with no phone and no money until it was sorted out.

I've had a few problems with O2 reception, but none with customer service on the phone or instore.

Message 33 of 45

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

O2 were developing the BoostBox back when I joined in 2008, but decided that it wasn't reliable enough for distribution.

TuGo isn't a perfect solution yet but maybe in time.....

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 34 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2. Worst service provider in the uk.

Leave and go to Vodafone, it's the only sensible solution.

Message 35 of 45

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144367 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

O2. Worst service provider in the uk.

Leave and go to Vodafone, it's the only sensible solution.

Most eloquently put slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 36 of 45

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous
Welcome to the Community. This is a customer to customer forum and we are here and happy to help. Please do let us know if you have an issue we can assist with.

However please also consider the appropriate choice of words.

As a shareholder in Vodafone I sit here with two caps on and I would love all 23 million plus o2 customers to go to Vodafone. My shares would surge. However ranting in here without substance won't help you.
Message 38 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am more than happy with my choice of words. I am also very happy with my decision to move my personal account to Vodafone.

Message 39 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
Then we are pleased that you have found an appropriate solution to your issues.

Thank you for updating us.
Message 40 of 45