cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing of boost box

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get a very poor signal if any inside our property .After much too-ing and fro-ing i have at last found that O2 have a boost box which is exactly the same as the vodaphone suresignal unit and both are made by Lucent actel.The only difference is that O2 are charging £150 yes £150 for the unit which on Vodaphone is half that price and even on the Lucent Actel site it costs £140 for the o2 compatible unit.Why is O2 charging so much if they wish to keep their customers that have this problem .I dont want to leave o2 as a long term customer but its looking as though i will have no choice.Please re-think your pricing on this unit O2

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@perksie wrote:

Welcome to Level 41 jonsie!Smiley LOL

Think I've got a nosebleedSmiley Very Happy

Sorry should have adjusted the take off speed!:smileyhappy:

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 21 of 45

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Can I come?:(
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 22 of 45

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:
Can I come?:(

The rate you're clicking up posts you'll be up there by Christmas, it took me four years.Smiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 23 of 45

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Is it all done by post count?

Ill have to set up a bot to pick random threads just the posting the message "restart the phone that should fix it"
"No your wrong, please understand its not like that"
And
"Read the T&Cs"

Just alternate through those and I think I've got it covered slight_smile
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 24 of 45

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I'm not sure, I get an automatic PM if it changes, but Leonard says it's linked to your "useful" posts, so I don't know how it works really.

Message 25 of 45

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Arrgh I don't really have many of them;) Explains why I'm so far behind:)

Cheers for clearing it up:)
Message 26 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

I completely agree. 4 adults in my house pay £100 per month all to O2. and 02 want 150 to make it work. Vodafone have offered me a booster boxs for no charge and so we will move all contracts to them. What are you doing O2? Haven't you worked out that several people live in a house and that these boxes will last for many years and tie your customers in to using you?

If this box lasts 5 years you have saved a box that probably costs you less than £50 and lost £6000 revenue by doing so.

Message 27 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Disclaimer - Just my thoughts - might be right, might be wrong.

Fun fact - O2 actually invented this tech with Lucent.  They sold the rights for it to Vodafone when they decided they weren't going to widely use the tech.  They then decided they would use it, but only for business customers.

Since then, they've invented TuGo.  Which as everyone knows is a brilliant idea poorly executed (technology limitations not withstanding...).

Seeing as they have a massive love for TuGo, the chances of them extending boostboxes to consumer customers I reckon is as much as me winning the lottery twice. 

Edit: My knowledbge of how boostboxes work is limited at best.

Message 28 of 45

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@pablo

Fact bostbox requires no Mobile signal it uses the good old adsl to connect to o2 servers and provide a localy produced 3g signal! (just the same way tugo uses adsl)

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 29 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamtemp64 wrote:

@Anonymous

Fact bostbox requires no Mobile signal it uses the good old adsl to connect to o2 servers and provide a localy produced 3g signal! (just the same way tugo uses adsl)

Ah, my knowledge of that sort of thing is limited at best!

Message 30 of 45