cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium & information service received £4.167!! how???

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just seen on my online bill that O2 are charging me £4.167 for receiving short code 64500.

How is someone allowed to send a text to me and for me to be billed. It should be outlawed. O2 should block this automatically.

I have never had a charge like this to date and especially when with giffgaff.

I see that this is happening with a few customers on O2 and it makes one start asking questions as to whether O2 security is up to scratch.

For what it is use I will contact O2 tomorrow but can assure that I don't enter any online competitions or via text for the very purpose that if it is too good to be true it usually is.

I am hopping mad!!

O2 these should be blocked by default as no one in their right mind would allow these utter slime balls to exist.

Sort it!!!

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

With the vat added that will take it up to the £5.00 entry fee. Call them to cancel and ask for a refund. 

Check a Number - Result

PhonepayPlus has the following information about shortcode number:

Customer care number: 0203 086 8953
Customer care email: support@scoreacar.co.uk
Customer care website: http://scoreacar.co.uk
Search result provided by: Stepforward Holdings Limited
Service connected on: 14 August 2016
Service terminated on: This service is still operating
Name of service: Score a Car
Type of service: Competition - non-scratchcard
Service description: £5 entry cost to win a car. New car prize each month. Buy one entry get one free.
How much does this service cost? £5 entry cost to win a car. New car prize each month. Buy one entry get one free.

If you would like to find out more about this service or have a question about it, then you should contact the service provider: Stepforward Holdings Limited

Tassou Papadopoulou, 6
Flat/Office 22
Agios Dometios

Message 6 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

You probably have clicked a Facebook link or Twitter & subscribe to something 

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous also no one from o2 will read this as this is a customer to customer forum

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just done TPS registered number. Don't use facebook. Twitter IO have started to use more but how would it give out my telephoine number to enable a text?

Either way these types of text should be banned and 02 should block by default.

I'd rather the money had gone to the NHS rather than some low life

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also @Anonymous you can contact phonepayplus 

http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk

Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

With the vat added that will take it up to the £5.00 entry fee. Call them to cancel and ask for a refund. 

Check a Number - Result

PhonepayPlus has the following information about shortcode number:

Customer care number: 0203 086 8953
Customer care email: support@scoreacar.co.uk
Customer care website: http://scoreacar.co.uk
Search result provided by: Stepforward Holdings Limited
Service connected on: 14 August 2016
Service terminated on: This service is still operating
Name of service: Score a Car
Type of service: Competition - non-scratchcard
Service description: £5 entry cost to win a car. New car prize each month. Buy one entry get one free.
How much does this service cost? £5 entry cost to win a car. New car prize each month. Buy one entry get one free.

If you would like to find out more about this service or have a question about it, then you should contact the service provider: Stepforward Holdings Limited

Tassou Papadopoulou, 6
Flat/Office 22
Agios Dometios

Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Check giffgaff and all the other networks forums and you'll see that it's an industry wide issue.
Phonepayplus are the regulators and they will build cases against companies that operate outside the law and prosecute them bit until laws are passed to stop it completely it will just carry on.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

It is not O2's, nor any network's in fact, responsibility to block these numbers. Believe it or not, some people intentionally enter these competitions. You need to follow the advice given and report this to PhonePayPlus. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Many thanks for the good advice. Apologies as was pretty angry last night as the first time this has happened to me and must be to so many people who have / had no idea what is going on.

I contacted O2 guru via web this morning who was really helpful. We went through steps to stop future texts from the number and also they put a note on the file so would not charge me again if they tried to send more.

Hopefully will be an end to the matter but I guess not to the possibility of something happening further down the road on something else in this tech age.

Thanks community, Jonsie and O2 Guru

Much appreciated.

D slight_smile

Message 9 of 10

kentaroBF4
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just been hit by 2 charges for this number. It has been stopped now. Will try and get a refund from the company in Cyprus.

Who am I kidding, will just have to write it off.

Not happy

More info
More info
Smiley Mad
Message 10 of 10