cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number from Orange to 02

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone

I have recently signed up to O2 from Orange and have obtained a PAC code from Orange to transfer my number over.

My Orange contract ended on 17/7/13 and when I contacted O2 customer services to provide them with the PAC code, I was informed via text that the port would be complete by 18/7/13 by 6 PM.

My original number is now up and running on the new O2 sim but services are split between my Orange sim as well.

I receive some calls on the new O2 sim and some calls on the old Orange sim. I also receive all texts to my Orange sim.

It is a bit annoying at the moment as I am having to carry around my old phone as well as my new one.

I have spoken to O2 customer services since (on 19/7/13) and have been informed they will make a request to Orange to complete the port properly as they have done some thing incorrect at their end and will be sorted within 48 hours.

It is now 21/7/13 and I am still stuck with a split service over 2 sims!

Is anyone else having the same problem and is there anything that can be done to resolve this issue?

Kind Regards

Min

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

There have been past threads of people having trouble porting from Orange, and the fault has usually been on that end. I would keep on at O2 about it, if it doesn't resolve itself soon, but a call to Orange customer service probably wouldn't be a bad idea either. Let us know how you get on, and good luck with it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

There have been past threads of people having trouble porting from Orange, and the fault has usually been on that end. I would keep on at O2 about it, if it doesn't resolve itself soon, but a call to Orange customer service probably wouldn't be a bad idea either. Let us know how you get on, and good luck with it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe its about time OFCOM had a word with Orange about it's issues with porting numbers away to another provider.

This issue with Orange customers trying to port over to O2 & suffering problems come's up far to often on here.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

After a whole week it has finally been sorted. Though it has been a very annoying process having to contact both customer services from Orange and O2 a number of times. It didn't help that both were blaming each other, but has now been resolved and I can now get back to only carrying one phone around again!! slight_smile

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey mate.What number did you call to get through to orange? I am having real trouble as I have a porting issue as well. I don't have provision to send orange numbers texts apparently.

Message 5 of 5