cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor customer service i have experienced so far

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

New to O2 and its been two weeks so far. 

Customer service and online help i had so far is one of the worst in my life.

Requested to Trasnfer my old number from different provider with pac code details. Each advisor give me different information why the delay and new time frame to switch over.

So far i have been to 9 Advisors, 7 days and the promised different time frames have been failed.

I will be billed for extra month cycle with my old provider due to incompetency of O2

O2 offered me another day waiting period to transfer my old number and here i am letting you know guys the experience i had with O2

TBH, my  humble opnion is stay away from O2 and stick to your current provider.

Thanks

Nitha

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Not good for your first impressions of O2. What should have happened is that you get a date from your new provider usually by email and text and the porting is completed on that date. There shouldn't be conflicting advice from different advisers. I don't know what went wrong in your particular case but I hope it's sorted soon for you.

Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

It is poor service and not a good impression at all...

The help guide on getting your PAC is here....I am sure you know most of it but it may help

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...

I hope it is resolved for you asap...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, O2 has gone down to the point that they feel once they have tied you in, they could not really give a damn.

I have my own bad experience going back to trying to upgrade on 07/02/15. To date - I still have not received my phone for which I am glad as I am now leaving to go to Vodafone. O2 could do nothing more than blame me for not activating links, clicking submit, confirming Orders etc. Even when I had chased this up and was advised the Order was dispatched so could not be amended.

Phone was meant for a gift for my wife for Valentine's day. obviously that never happened.

I've been with Vodafone for many years and everytime i'm out of contract they show intent and desire to keep me rather than let me go to a competitor. O2 are not bothered and haven't even addressed my last compalint email issued 25th February to their executive team.

Thank you for not bothering O2. I'll make sure I nor my family will be back.

Clearly another not so happy customer.

Message 4 of 11

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Sometimes you wonder how a company can get things so spectacularly wrong on occasion. Customer service I have to say is normally very good , certainly in my experience, but when things go pearshaped they seem to have a devil of a job to put matters right. I have ported numbers and ordered phones but luckily without the failures that inevitably happen occasionally.

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats all good and I'm sure mistakes happen and my situation is no doubt for O2 a one off. However I got the feeling that with O2 they were happy and content that the mistakes were my fault and not theirs and therefore they did not have to redress anything.

Message 6 of 11

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

So far I've only had a couple of glitches with O2 although the time between enquiries and fault reporting is few and far between. A couple of matters I have resolved myself or through the assistance of other O2 members, so it's not always caused by the 'infantry' as often they will only be trained or allowed to give a certain amount of help.

Where I have found major irregularities and disheartment is with the third-party 'repair' service who will remain nameless until someone else mentions them. You can find my rant somewhere on this forum.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree with all that has been said about poor customer service. I have been with O2 for a number of years and they were the best around. But now unable to transfer numbers haveing been given correct information on up to three ocassions. Billing that has no relationship with tariffs signed up for.

As for the on-line chats what a waste of time its taken me 2hours to unsucessfully resolve something I could probably done in 10min if I could speak to someone wit half a brain on the end of a phone. I only used chat after haning on for 45min to get try and get through. My custom will be taken elsewhere.

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sadly this is becoming a common theme and one that keeps coming up here. @Toby does anyone in o2 care about this other than you and the community team?

Is this anything to do with Capita taking over some sites? Or is it a sign of the times?

Are o2 in the race for the bottom where customers are concerned
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

well, I too shall be leaving as soon as possible, for similar reasons.

Message 10 of 11