cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor O2 network coverage / drop outs / call fails

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone noticed that O2 network coverage is getting worse the last couple of months, number of call fails also increasing - generally performance decreasing?

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

Have you tried turning 4G off in your phones settings to force the phone onto 3G only. If you have does that make a difference.

If the Service checker is showing as 'good' then download the MYNETWORK app to report the masts.

Do others in your area on O2 have the same kind of coverage. If so ask them to do the same.

Network future quotes 98% Uk coverage by 2017 but that's a long way off for people experiencing issues right now. 😞

http://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/network-coverage/the-next-big-thing

I hope signal strength etc improve for you ASAP.
Message 16 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Yes there seems to have been problems across the country since the rollout of 4G. O2 put it down to congestion!

Message 2 of 19

MI5
  • 144197 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
Yes, same here too 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I get it in London too sometimes no signal at all and sometimes no data access
Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I consider myself fortunate to receive both strong signal and fast 4g in West Yorkshire.
Message 5 of 19

MI5
  • 144197 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
We all need to move there then as it seems to be the only place it works..
Mind you its not 4g that's the problem though, that works fine, it's 3g that's rubbish!!!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a 2G phone and live in Chelsea. For years my reception has been great. In the last 2 months the signal has dropped to one bar and have to go to top floor to get 3 bars. Crazy!!! Is this to make us buy 3G or 4G.

I've seen others with same issue. Any updates from forum users?

Cheers

Message 7 of 19

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I travel through Chelsea a lot and coverage can vary between very fast 4G and no service. In other words having 3G or 4G is no more guarantee of of a decent signal thasn with a 2G phone, it all depends on the number of connections into the network at that time unfortunately. slight_frown

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 8 of 19

MI5
  • 144197 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
O2 is suffering all over at the mo.
You have more chance of a good signal with your 2g phone though.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why is this happening to O2 at the moment?
Message 10 of 19