cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please unlock my O2 purchased phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm so frrustrated at the lack of customer service that I may been posting this twice!

Phone returned on time - YES
Phone unlocking - NO
Repair successful NO, but the email that I received stated "Your phone is fixed. You can put your sim back in your phone and start using it straight away". What unlock code did you try to verify that my phone was now working? 

This has been ongoing since 25 May. After many "online" chats, calls, emails and visits to the O2 shop in Kilmarnock" I cannot fault the polite and friendly way O2 deals with calls. However my phone is still NOT UNLOCKED! The helpful and calming  names such as "mycare" and "Customer Service" have simply not resolved the problem and the effectiveness of the O2 service business is really making me angry.

I called "feedback@O2.com", as stated in the repair email to provide feedback, guess what ........ It's no longer in use! So I'm using this web page to give O2 some feedback about the effectiveness of their customer service operation. Please do not response with "99% of all calls are dealt with satisfactorily" because the only issue that concerns me is this one.

I'm going on holiday in two weeks and I want to have a working Galaxy phone. Please expedite this email to someone who will really care enough to provide effective customer service and provide me with a working/unlocked Galaxy phone. Otherwise provide, by email, a letter confirming that I have done everything that has been asked of me and we are now in a deadlock situation. In addition please let me know which ombudsman service I need to contact to progress this service issue.

Regards, Alistair Stewart
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Hi Alistair,

I'm afraid this is a customer to customer forum, so as much as I appreciate you're really annoyed atm, there's nothing I can do to help. Apart from give our community manager a shout @Toby and hopefully he'll send u a pm to get things moving.

Really awful when things go wrong.

Hope it gets sorted now though.

Charlie.

Message 2 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Have you tried doing this yourself online?

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/unlocking-an-o2-mobile-to-use-on-a-different-network

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 8

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi Alistair ( @Anonymous)

Please use the link that @perksie has provided. If that does not work for you, feel fre to send me a private message.

I'm Toby, the community manager.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi yes I've tried this and it was the starting point of my frustration. 😀
Message 5 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If you're on Pay and Go did you use the phone to make sure it's registered on the network and have £15 unused credit?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you send it off for repair?

You may need to ask for it to be unlocked again as it might still be locked
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi there @Anonymous , have you used your phone at least once with your mobile number?

Is it pay monthly or Pay and go? Pay  and go have to wait 12 months to get the unlocking code, pay monthly no, they just need to have used it once.

Samsungs can take up to 7 days. Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 8 of 8