cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Spot

Anonymous
Not applicable

Who are these pests? Had a call and loads more, about renewing contract/upgrade if I want to do this I do it direct on line are they "O2's renewal agents working with CarPhone Warehouse to get you a better deal" or as most of what I see in on line reports a boilerhouse that simply doesnt provide any form of customer service?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92926 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

We are in a position where the world and his brother know your details, what you eat for breakfast and what you are doing at any given moment in time. I've found that however careful you are, whatever your marketing preferences you will without a shadow of a doubt get these type of calls.

Of course commodity companies deny it but it isn't just limited to mobile phones.

I'm sick of being called about PPI , Fictitious accidents and energy suppliers and I don't even live in the UK.....

Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122376 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Normally, I have limited issues with this as I have a landline as well as a mobile...so usually use landline when a number is required. However as I reported yesterday over past few days I had 3 calls from CPW taling about my 'upgrade'. Never even been inside a CPW store and certainly had no dealings with them...So yes...even with all the efforts we make...we will still get calls !

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

General rule of thumb with cold callers - If you're not interested, hang up. If they call again, hang up or send the call to voicemail. Some slimeball companies will persist, but most tire of calling after a while and move on to the next potential sucker. They're going to call no matter what you do, but you don't have to get worked up about it. Just hang up.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Two of the best methods of dealing with this:
1- A friend got his 3 year old to talk to them. For about 15 minutes! Worry is that they will sign you up anyway...
2- Someone has called another call centre and got them to speak to each other...
But generally the answer is if you don't know who it is don't answer or hang up!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 5