cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Number +011 924 6586 - **DO NOT ANSWER THIS NUMBER** - read my message!!

SilentAssassin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone, there have been reports on social media about the above number - it is said that the people who answer it end up paying @£80 for the call and it also steals ALL details off your phone - including bank details etc if you have them on your phone - it then goes on to say that some people have been advised that efforts have been made to access their bank accts. I have put this number in my phone under the name 'DO NOT ANSWER THIS NUMBER' - at least that way you stand a fighting chance!! I have brought this to O2's attention. Take care out there please.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SilentAssassin wrote:

@Anonymous everyone, there have been reports on social media about the above number - it is said that the people who answer it end up paying @£80 for the call and it also steals ALL details off your phone - including bank details etc if you have them on your phone - it then goes on to say that some people have been advised that efforts have been made to access their bank accts. 

You forgot the part where Microsoft, Facebook and CNN verified that it sets fire to your C: drive and unless you send this message to all of your friends, family, their hamsters and their goldfish then you will be charged £5 every time you touch your phone! 

LOL

Seriously, don't spread stuff like this.

Message 11 of 21

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Looking at their record.....it's their annual post.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 12 of 21

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

Looking at their record.....it's their annual post.

Sounds like me ....once a year LOL

Message 13 of 21

Huntress
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I received a call from this number last Tuesday.  Like most sensible people I never answer calls from numbers I'm unfamiliar with or not expecting and I certainly wouldn't answer an international number unless I recognised it was from friends living abroad. I receive so many calls claiming I'm owed thousands in mis-sold PPI and injury related accident claims so in my humble opinion if the caller is legitimate they will leave a voicemail.

Life is just a game, the rules of which are only explained to us when the game is over.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 14 of 21

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

It's always a good rule of thumb to not answer calls from numbers you don't recognise, but the perennial question of dealing with numbers that are witheld, some of which are legitimate, like doctor's surgeries or hospitals, always crops up. Also, how do you deal with a call that comes in on your phone when you're poodling down the road with your phone in your pocket or purse and you have your Bluetooth headset on and can't see the number that comes up on caller display?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 15 of 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Difficult when in those types of situations. I get lots of calls from the hospital and doctor's surgeries that are withheld so I always answer them.

Message 16 of 21

SilentAssassin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the varying feedback, - it is safe to say that in life you react to information given, all i'm doing is trying to help others. If it works for you and makes you more aware then fine, if you're happy to ignore it - then that's also fine, but those people that have 'suffered' felt the need to inform others, no matter what the circumstances were. I've just done my bit to assist - and who are we to doubt them?

Message 17 of 21

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@SilentAssassin wrote:

Thank you for the varying feedback, - it is safe to say that in life you react to information given, all i'm doing is trying to help others. If it works for you and makes you more aware then fine, if you're happy to ignore it - then that's also fine, but those people that have 'suffered' felt the need to inform others, no matter what the circumstances were. I've just done my bit to assist - and who are we to doubt them?

Indeed wink

Message 18 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Its difficult for me having so many friends who live abroad....but all their numbers are in my contact list so will display with their name.

Numbers that come up as 'withheld' are more difficult because as said...these can come from doctors or hospitals regarding appointments etc...or even my other half ringing from his work

However, as a rule of thumb if ANY unusual number comes up that I dont recognise it is added to my blocked list.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 21

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions