cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent signal issues at home address and local area, rendering phone effectively useless

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I joined O2 in November 2015, based on good coverage reported on the coverage checker for my home postcode. Unfortunately, my phone is next to useless at home, and in the immediate streets surrounding my house. I either get "Network not available" or "No signal found for mobile networks" when trying to dial out, or call quality so poor and intermittent that it's effectively unusable. Even outside in the garden, the phone is basically unusable. I estimate over half the calls I make drop before they are finished too.

This is not a handset issue. I had a Microsoft Windows phone from work on 02 which had exactly the same problem. It has become a standing joke among friends and colleagues when they need to contact me. My daughter has a Samsung phone on my contract and that too is very poor at home. My current work phone is on EE, and it has no signal issues at all, indoors or out.

What can I do about this? I am 7 months into a 2 year contract and I feel I am paying for a service that I am not getting. There is also a massive gap between the service suggested by the coverage checker at my postcode, versus what I am actually getting. The result is a phone that, unless I leave the house, I cannot use, and have to borrow my wife's iPhone (on Vodafone) or use my EE work phone to be able to use a basic service. I am not even talking about data here, just simple voice calls.

I have installed TuGo, but that has limitations in that incoming calls often get routed directly to voicemail without the phone ringing. The point also being that according to the coverage checker, I should have good voice and data (2G, 3G and 4G) at this postcode. I can't even make calls reliably. 

Any advice gratefully received.

Many thanks

Dan

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
We all sadly rely far too heavily on our mobiles and it's not until there is a problem that we realise just how much.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Waiting on a third party to even visit the site is not what you want to hear slight_frown

Message 22 of 22