cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment methods: We want to hear from you!

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

As most of you probably know, most O2 customers use a recognisable Direct Debit method to pay their monthly bills, as with most other products and services in day-to-day life. There are however some who still pay manually and we’d love to hear from you. 

Why do you pay manually? Is it due to your situation (and if so, please share any useful info) or a personal choice?

We're always looking to make improvements and thought that this was the best ace to gather some views on our payment methods, so fire away!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Without sounding harsh, but you get about 20 days to pay the bill..... Your also going to fund it difficult to move network in the future as each late payment is recorded on your credit file. Its maybe worth while trying to save up and clear the device plans and rub on sim only plans
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 11 of 24

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Rongtw,

Thanks for your opinion on this topic and I'll make the payments team sees it. Have you called us to see if you could use a date that's better? You could ask to pay on the last day of each month, so that you'll always have the payments by that date. Apologies if I'm misunderstanding.

Get involved:

Message 12 of 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The simple fact is that you sign a contract knowing that a payment is due every month on the same date. Yes the system is automated so it's of no use telling customer service that payment is going to be late. You can change the due date with a simple call. Every other network operates the same way. I'm afraid you are already likely to have markers on your credit file from what you are saying.

Message 13 of 24

Rongtw
Level 3: Thinker
  • 40 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

MI5

Its not that simple For One I DO NOT GET A SALARY !! 

i live on disability !!!  paid every 4 weeks Not every month every 4 weeks .

Sometime the payments recived and bill dates do not match so i go over due Simples .

I cannot save the money for the bill as i dont know total amount untill i get a Bill .

As i said i can pay the Air time in advance with guestimation but if i over pay i dont get a refund ,

if i pay device bill early it does not show as a payment but a extra payment so shows outstanding !!

So i have to try and make my choices of which to pay and when , as O2 system is soo inflexible its a pain an the bum

Message 14 of 24

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Rongtw wrote:

MI5

Its not that simple For One I DO NOT GET A SALARY !! 

i live on disability !!!  paid every 4 weeks Not every month every 4 weeks .

Sometime the payments recived and bill dates do not match so i go over due Simples .

I cannot save the money for the bill as i dont know total amount untill i get a Bill .

As i said i can pay the Air time in advance with guestimation but if i over pay i dont get a refund ,

if i pay device bill early it does not show as a payment but a extra payment so shows outstanding !!

So i have to try and make my choices of which to pay and when , as O2 system is soo inflexible its a pain an the bum

Then I respectfully suggest that a phone contract is not suitable for your needs.

Have you considered PAYG?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 24

Rongtw
Level 3: Thinker
  • 40 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Toby , Thanks for your reply .

Despite several Phone calls and Chat sessions , no one has mentioned i can change the billing dates ??

I will have to call to see if i can arrage this slight_smile

Thanks a lot slight_smile

Message 16 of 24

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You get paid every 4 weeks so you will only have a maximum of three days either way when the dates differ. Simply change the due date as per the information within the terms you agreed to when taking out the contract. Any multinational company of commodity give the option to change to a date suitable to meet your needs.

Message 17 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Simple answer is get a payg phone & top up when you need to. If you are after inclusive allowances then a payg big bundle may be suitable but you still need to top up once s month to receive the allowances 

Message 18 of 24

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Rongtw I don't wish to pry, but I'm curious as to how old your children are?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 19 of 24

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Rongtw,

Best to give us a call to see what options you have for moving payment dates. Let us know how you get on!

Get involved:

Message 20 of 24