cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payg

Anonymous
Not applicable

How about putting the correct instructions in the payg sim pack

Here's what it tells me to do......To top up to online O2.co.uk/topup doesn't work can't phone CS of payg phone no credit.

Phoned of landline to be told 1st top up must be via voucher, no mention of that in sim pack

The idea was to try O2 with a view to opening two accounts, if you can't get instructions correct in sim packs maybe I won't bother.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
A simple "if you have problems with your first top up, and use a voucher" is all that is required.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 22

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 12 of 22

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
But easy for Cleo to add.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 22

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
But easy for Cleo to add.

Yes agreed if customers come here to look!

Message 14 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

For me... it's simply ensuring any additional info is in the guide.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had a issue with distance selling and the 14 days cooling off period.

Which means that as I bought online (had it delivered to store) that my bundled £10 credit won't activate for 14 days in case I want to return it! Hence no credit eventhough I paid £10 with the web order.

I called customer services twice, they all made me wait 24 hours but did not inform me of the distance selling 14 days bit, so now 3 days on I still have to wait 11 days for my credit to be added.

Yes, it is somewhere on the website T&Cs but not clear and customer services are not up to speed to tell me what was happening. The shop, however, instant answers (thank you eastleigh). I now have wait 14 days or purchase a top-up to make a call.

In this day and age, you buy a phone, charge it and use it - not wait 14 days! How about, T&Cs which say you have purchased £10 top-up but won't get it back if you return the phone within 14 days.

Message 16 of 22

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Never heard that before!

Currently using:
Message 17 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Never heard that before!

What the heck? 14 days before you can use it...(unless you buy a top up voucher I expect?) Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:
Have to agree about the first top up. Why should people have to buy a voucher?
Just as an aside though, the top up line is 4444 and is free.

4444 is free but you can't top up first time so you can't contact CS from your PAYG phone calling 4445 just diverts to 4444 and goes throught the top up process then declines it no explaination.

All the info in the sim package say you can top up on line,can't understand why you would insist first top up is voucher it's Bull.

Let me get this right you get a sim buy a voucher and top up, no record of who you are, and the phone can be used for any many of things with NO trace to who registered the sim, top up on line you have to supply card details along with registered address, this means a record of who you are.

I would have thought in the current climate of high security O2 would be doing everything possible to help national security obviously I'm wrong

Message 19 of 22

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Current security situation is irrelevant. It's been that way for years.

Currently using:
Message 20 of 22