Did you mean: 

Package Installer Stopped

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Can anyone help me, please.

All of a sudden I am having problems with games I download from the Google Play Store. The games download fine. I play them once maybe twice. Then the next time I try to play I get a message *Unfortunately the Package Installer Has Stopped".

At first, I thought it was a problem stemming from 1 games developer as all their games were affected. But I downloaded a couple of games yesterday from a different developer and the same thing happened today.

I have just realised this only started to occur after 2 software updates.

I have reinstalled the Google Play Store but that hasn't helped. Also uninstalled and reinstalled the games and that hasn't helped either.

Any suggestions on how I can sort this? Can I sort this?
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144222 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27636 Solutions
I can't vouch for this but a you tube link here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzt5Ttw8AiQ
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144222 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27636 Solutions
Have you got them saved to your sd card or phone?
How much free space have you got?
Go to Settings>Application manager >Package installer and clear cache and data.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144222 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27636 Solutions
I can't vouch for this but a you tube link here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzt5Ttw8AiQ

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Thk u so much @MI5. The link u sent worked a treat. 2 b honest I should hv thought of it but I went into panic mode instead of engaging my brain 🤔. Still got there in the end with your help.

Thanks 2 u I can now carry on binge-watching Blue Bloods season 1 on DVD. Well only 4 more seasons 2 go 😄

Again, thank u 4 ur helo.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144222 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27636 Solutions
Glad you're sorted slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5