cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POOR customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Last Friday I went to one of the O2 stores to get help with my phone that would not send text messages. Anyway, since I have temporarily changed to Pay as You Go, which was couple of months ago, I was unable to send text messages. If I tried to send one, a 'failed' message would appear, therefore I spoke to someone via Chat Online, who was unable to solve the problem as we were unable to find the right path to the message settings and I was advised to go to the nearest store instead. I as doing my final exams and writing a dissertation, so I was unable to go until last Friday. The staff in the store was quite helpful, however the person serving me was unable to fix the problem as he also could not find the text messages settings, so I was put on the phone to one of the advisers. This is where the problem starts.

I explained the problem and I was asked by the adviser to enter the message settings, obviously. So I explained the message settings were not where the general settings were and even the staff in the store were unable to find them. At this point the adviser started to get annoyed with me, as if I was an idiot and could not find such a simple thing as the settings. There was also a lot of noise from the customers being served in the store, so I had to ask the adviser (kindly) to repeat what he had just said, which made him even angrier and started to raise his voice. 
Finally, he correctly guided me to the settings and informed me that the messaging center number was wrong and I was to change it, which I did. I was then asked to restart my phone and send a text message. I did so, however the messages were not sending, to which he raised his voice again and told me that he can see that I have just sent 4 text messages. I said to him kindly, I believe I used following words: "I know I must seem totally dumb, but I swear that the messages are not showing up, they did not sent." To which he started to shout and told me he could see I sent the messages and made me feel like an total idiot. I was really upset with the way I was treated, what a poor, poor behavior from and adviser! I thanked him and put the phone down.

Anyway, the 'failed' message continued top appear, so when I got home, I searched for the problem online and I found out that the adviser gave me the wrong message center number. He told me to change it to: +447802000332, however I read from the website that it should be the following: +447802092035.

I was hoping to go back to pay monthly as I am looking into getting a new phone, but if this is how I get treated, I no longer want to be an O2 customer.

Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Indeed, a really poor experience from O2 staff. This is a topic that has been mentioned a lot recently by other people in the same boat as yourself...it doesn't help and is no consolation to yourself....:smileysad:

I am sure you do have transcripts of everything that was said to you by O2...but as jonsie stated this is a customer to customer forum. WE have no access to your account and advice given by us, will only be to suggest what options are available to you.

I have personally checked back through your thread and nobody who responded to you today, works for O2.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is a self help thread on leaving the Network.

PAC Code to keep your mobile number : http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...

General Process to leave O2 if not wanting to retain your mobile number : http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

If your present phone is locked to the Network then as a current contract customer this can be unlocked to all networks for free. Payg Customers are charged £15 T&C apply. https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Please check out the alternative networks by using their payg SIM cards before committing to any new contract type tariff.

Take care.
Message 22 of 62

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
No I don't work for O2 and I stand by the fact that you are not deliberately been lied to.
The CS advisers only have the info that is presented to them on the computer, which they will relay to you.
I'm not denying the information may be wrong but there is a very clear difference between been told something in good faith and been lied to.
I know your upset but it's nothing we can do to help other than the advice we have given you already.
Finally, I wish you good luck in the future and hope you get better service from another network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I am on a o2 contract pay monthly 5 days ago we were all out my brother asked could he use my phone all my calls are free so I handed him my phone one min later in front of all my friends he says your phone has been cut off its bared from out going or incoming calls . I quickly checked it was I used a friends phone and called o2 they said it should not have been cut off they thought that a 50 pence from a previous bill that was forwarded to the next bill might have been the cause they said it was fix and they were sorry .. so ok first time they fixed it and said sorry ..NOT ... The next morning I call my mum but yes my phone has been cut of again I call o2 they said all my payments are up to date it should not have been cut off then said about the 50 pence even tho it was too in the previous DIRECT DEB.... SO ASKED ME TO PAY IT AGAIN I SAID OK IF THIS FIXES IT  LOL THEN ASKED ME FOR A POUND AS IT WAS THE MIN PAYMENT THAT CAN BE TOOK LOL . Well I paid it and they said sorry etc . Next morning Xmas day waiting for my daughter to phone my mum etc there was nothing and yes MY PHONE HAD BEEN TURNED OFF AGAIN ..I called  again once again no one new why they were so ignorant with me also but they turned it back on .. boxing day morning up Earl waiting for my child's mother to call for me to come get my child for Xmas as I don't get her Xmas day and yes o2 had turned my phone off again and by the time I sorted there mistake again my ex had tried to call and took my child to her mum's and I never got to see my child ALL BECAUSE OF O2 AND THERE PURE INCOMPADINCE but it does not stop there the next day they turned it off again lol lol I called and told them keep there contract for I have had enough they are in total breach of it so I have no duty to them they said I had to pay 380 pounds to end my contract lol joke but would not charge me the weeks line rental bigger joke . 

WELL O2 NOT SEEING MY WE DAUGHTER ON BOXING DAY THAT I WAS OUR WE XMAS DAY WAS ENOUGH FOR ME U CAN'T REPLACE THAT AND HOW I HAVE BEEN TREAT AND TALKED TO IS A TOTAL DESCRACE I AM PUTTING ONLINE THE CONVERSATIONS AS I RECORDED THEM ALL . 

YOU ARE A TOTAL JOKE O2 ....

Message 24 of 62

jonsie
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

What a complete shambles. I'm hoping the account is clear and won't be blocked again.

Your best option at this point would be to make an official complaint. Trying to walk away from the contract will result in financial problems for yourself both long term and short term.

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 25 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello @Anonymous

Welcome to the Forum and I'm sorry we meet you in such circumstances.

As all fellow customers here like you I'm sure we all sympathise with your situation.

Errors happen and then O2 first apologising is forgivable but then O2 getting it wrong again causing the chain of events you state is unforgivable 😔

Just to advise that Putting your Complaint in writing will typically take a few weeks to attain a reply.

I'd be back on the phone to 202 asking to speak to some form of Senior Customer Service Manager to insist on some form of GoodWill Gesture.

Please let us know how you get on.
Message 26 of 62

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

What a nightmare of a story. You must have been so upset at not being able to see your daughter over the Christmas period..

You really must get this sorted via the routes indicated. This will keep happening sadly.

Please do NOT walk away from your contract without paying it off This will create major problems for you and put a default on your credit file. You will be the only one to suffer if this happens.

I hope this all gets sorted to your satisfaction soon..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please follow @Cleoriff's guidance and maybe make an official complaint.

O2 appear to have really excelled themselves here. Cracking Customer Service.
Message 28 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey folks just an update way hay my phone is turned of again28-12-14  lol I think I'm on one of them TV shows Google box lol .. I'm gutted tbh o2 is a pure joke on this situation over ten years I been with them .

Well here I go I'm going to call them AGAIN .. p's I have no contract with O2 now they r totally in breach it's sad tho . My fb has near crashed with ppl asking . I should twitter it I'm sure I will get some following lol. 

Thank you folks for u r help and kind words . Mark 

Message 29 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh dear 😝

Good luck and please again let us know how things go for you.
Message 30 of 62