cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM Connect

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone help I have recently been charged £6 for something I have no idea about when looking at my bill I noticed a charge as above relating to PM Connect. I believe this to be a scam. Can anybody shed any light on this I have reported this to O2 but as yet have heard nothing back.
Message 1 of 36
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Thanks for the swift response. I have spoken to 02 who are looking into this, however it is nothing I have subscribed to or any number I have rung O2 have confirmed this last week, but thanks for your help.
Message 4 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Can anyone help I have recently been charged £6 for something I have no idea about when looking at my bill I noticed a charge as above relating to PM Connect. I believe this to be a scam. Can anybody shed any light on this I have reported this to O2 but as yet have heard nothing back

You can report it but you may have clicked on a link & subscribed to this service 

Message 2 of 36

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Have you dialled any 0800 numbers or 118? It is a Per Minute access charge connection according to this article http://www.techadvance.co.uk/blog/2015/07/uk-calling-o2-access-charges-from-july-2015-calls-to-08-09-and-118-numbers/

(Scroll down to the bottom of the article for a table of costs)

However a further search turned up a company called PM Connect Ltd which is something you subscribe to. To check out exactly what this charge is, as I think it could be the access charge... you need to phone customer services http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Thanks for the swift response. I have spoken to 02 who are looking into this, however it is nothing I have subscribed to or any number I have rung O2 have confirmed this last week, but thanks for your help.
Message 4 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for coming back to update @Anonymous. Will you let us know the outcome when O2 have finished looking into this? It will help anyone else who has the same problem.

Welcome to the forum by the way...:smileyhappy:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for coming back to the forum and giving us an update @moobmeister!

As @Cleoriff says, please come back and let us know the resolution so that we can guide future users with the same issue

Message 6 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. This is a complex Scam and one I do hope O2 will help its customers resolve. I have had good support so far from O2 customer services but must now wait 14 days for a refund direct from PM Connect. Yes, I have been billed for two lots of £3 on the 02/11 and 09/11. O2 put me through to PM connect who stated that I had subscribed by clicking on an advert that would bill me a subscription if i did not cancel within 30 days. I have no recollection of the advert. They also confirmed that I received a text to confirm the subscription. Of course there is no record on my phone. They have cancelled the subscription but my refund will come in the shape of a text that I will have to take to the post office and recieve cash. Ill inform you of progress. O2 gave me a number to text STOP to. (80206) which may be useful to others. I asked PM Connect for a direct contact number should the refund no be succesful which is 03301 224968. A very clever scam which is apparently within the rules, although my dispute is that I did not receive either the add or the follow up text.

ps - just looked at where I was 30 days before the subscription. On the boat fishing from 3am so unlikely to have been reading adverts. Ummm

Message 7 of 36

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Also raise a complaint with http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk the regulator for premium rate numbers

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

This just gets worse and worse. @adamtemp64 Maybe time to update your help link? Though where you would start and end is anyones guess......You could probably have open editing rights? slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 36

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

This just gets worse and worse. @adamtemp64 Maybe time to update your help link? Though where you would start and end is anyones guess......You could probably have open editing rights? slight_frown

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Are-you-fed-up-with-spam-calls-and-texts-Follow-...

has this

"If you are receiving premium rate spam from shortcodes then head over to the regulators site and lodge a complaint there, we have on these forums seen people get their money back from these scammers http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/ "

Which is what this sort of scam is or do you think it needs to be worded differantly

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 10 of 36