cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAY AS YOU GO USERS ALSO WANT USAGE STATEMENTS ONLINE!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried in so many ways to find out why O2 does not afford its Pay As You Go users the ability to keep track of their calls, text and data usage online as is allowed O2 Pay Monthly users and also users of almost every other UK phone network regardless of whetheir its a pay monthly or pay as you go line.

I was told by O2 customer services that if I want a breakdown of my call usage, I would have to write an application to some address and pay £10 for the documents to be posted to my home address. Can you believe that. It sounded so pathetic and unprofessional at the time.

Not only that, pay as you go users are also denied call waiting. O2, please could you please explain why in this day and age of advanced software programming such simple services are denied Pay As You Go users when the likes of Vectone Mobile, GT Mobile, Lebara Mobile, Lycamobile, etc. all provide these services for all categories of their users not to talk of the bigger networks. O2 Pay As You Go Users, pleaserespond if you support this post and lets ask O2 for change. O2 Pay As You Go Users want to be able to view their Calls, Texts and Data usage online. O2, please listen and act.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Look please do not think I am argueing with you, I agree to a point but as I said ealier from a Non PAYG customer I could not tell you how much calls/texts/data cost with the added extra minutes etc etc that O2 offer against there main rivals. 

I do not I am afriad agree with using the lower sim only international companies as a bench mark against O2. 

I assume you are with O2 as the costs extra minutes/extra data etc is better than the other companies. 

My point is that the costs associated with doing what you are asking would have to be the added into costs being put into calls/texts/data. 

Then you may not actually be better off.

My view of PAYG customers ( sorry if wrong) is that they want a low cost alternative to a contract and can control costs themselves rather than being tied down to a contract.

Message 11 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

i am on a payg tariff as it allows me to keep a sim free phone i want at anytime if i decide to change it & my pag tariff is perfect for my needs & no need for myself to have a contract

Message 12 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kayode...

I'm not sure why a PAYG customer would actually need to "keep track of their calls".   That is certainly important for contract customers who are paying for X number of minutes but for PAYG customers, you only need to know how much credit you have left - the phone has call logs and you can get your balance on the phone or on your account page of O2's website.

I have no need for call-waiting but I agree that it should be available - though I'd prefer to see it as a paid-for boost so that those of us that don't want or need it aren't having to pay for it.

For anyone making heavy enough use of their phone such that just using the phone's call log is insufficient, I'd have to say that PAYG is probably unsuitable and very likely more expensive than pay monthly.   Just looking at O2's contact prices, they start at £13.50 and even a £300 phone with unlimited calls and texts plus 1GB of data "only" costs £26 a month.

I see PAYG as a basic service - ideal for people like me who want a mobile but won't make £15+ a month's worth of use of it.   I'd far rather have minimal "features" and keep call and data costs down as low as possible.  Anyone needing more than that should really be taking a contract - not only will they get the extra features, they won't need to pay the additional cost of buying the phone - so they'll save money.

Message 13 of 26

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Alternatively move to a company like Virgin that does do it.

Why stay with a company that makes you unhappy?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 14 of 26

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
While I can see and agree with what your saying, I wonder where the money for such a service would come from.

Best way in life if you don't like something move on and find something better for yourself.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 15 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:
While I can see and agree with what your saying, I wonder where the money for such a service would come from.

As ever, from the consumer but there would then be the inevitable outcry that we have seen with the recent monthly line increase.

Message 16 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

My main reason to check billing and calls on line is to see if I am being ripped off.

The data is already there otherwise no billing could be done at all.

It should be the law to give this info.

Itemised billing should just be the normal thing to have.

It is NOT 'special'

Message 17 of 26

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
There are some networks that provide the data on PAYG if you prefer to use them?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Pay as you go is rubbish, expensive and not customer froendly from O2.

save yourself trouble, money and frustration. Use GiffGaff. I moved to them a few months ago. Sabing myself hundreds already. Their tariffs are superb, and call credit system amazing. Never looked back. Its good to change to cheaper competitors as O2, Orange etc have had it too good for too long.

Message 19 of 26

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 20 of 26