cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over billed - Contacted Cust.Service for 21 times

Anonymous
Not applicable

Folks, This is my latest experinece with O2, I'm highly regret to be O2 Customer.

Their service SUCKS.. DON'T GO FOR THEM AGAIN & DON'T EVER SUGGEST O2

My message to O2 team after *bleep* off by conatcting cust.care agents:

=========================================================================
Ref: Escallation for Over billing – Unsolved issued – Contacted for 21 times

This is regarding your worst & pathetic billing system management & disastrous customer service on complains management and customer queries.

1) In May'15 I was billing for nearly £130, due to international text which triggered from my iPhone app, though I was "opted-out" from International Calls, Text & Special numbers... still it went through and I was charged for those. It is number 1 evidence of your poor IT systems and customer query management.

2) I contacted customer service agent and got this over bill issue sorted out. However by the time I contacted, the bill was generated and agent advised to take off Direct Debit (as she deactivated DD from her end on behalf of me). The issue was solved for the time being and I cleared payment on 21st June for May month bill.

3) Again I noticed I was over charged of £30 excess than usual bill and found out that the VAT which was attracted on above said £130 is yet to remove. Since then that is the biggest issue, each time I call agent they make false promises to remove but never happens and not only that each time I call, every agent concludes different reasons for that £30 excess, again false promises to remove but NEVER THAT TAKES IT OFF.

- Since May'15 - I contacted your O2 Customer service for 21 times
- My last call/case ID with your agent was yesterday – 678748262
- Yesterday the agent kept same false practise of promising to send some details over text but never did – Though I’m really surprised, as it is O2 culture.
- I was disconnected for more than 4 times during these issue transition.
- on an average I spent 40 mins each time I call customer service.

My Questions to you:
- Is this a normal practice of to make your customers go over billed to bag extra money for your own mistakes?
- Don't you have any ethical values or shame on any corner of your business practise?
- How many times would you expect your customers to call and spend their personal time to sort out an issue which triggered due to your inefficiency and incapability?
- Do you think spending huge funds on marketing & Adverts and ditching customers on the background is the core of your business success?
- Don’t think once committed for a promise must be accomplished?

What am I Expecting?
- My problem should be sorted out immediately?
- I wasn't treated fairly and not received service for what I was paid for
- I must be compensated for whatever the damage is happen to me

Thanks,
Srujan

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93223 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

You aren't actually speaking to customer service here as it's a customer forum.

Have you made a written complaint : How to complain

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144315 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Why send £130 worth of texts if you a)knew your were texting internationally and b)had asked to opt out?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Maybe they didn't realise it was international texting, I notice they said it was through an app!

Although I'm not sure how exactly you might not know, but considering how many scam/rip off apps are around these days, I wouldn't be surprised if it was unintentional!

To the op, follow the advise above of making a formal complaint.

Message 4 of 4