cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering Phone From O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered a phone from O2 on Sunday evening, however I never received a confirmation email from O2 with details of my order. The only proof I have of my order is the screen shot I took once I had placed my order and this has my order number. I was told my phone would be with me within 1-2 working days.

Early the next morning, the money had been deducted from my account by O2 but still no email correspondence. I rang customer care and spoke to various people on the live chat and someone finally told me my order had been dispatched Monday evening so I should be able to pick it up in store on Tuesday. I rang the store midday on Tuesday but they knew nothing of my order. I then rang customer service again and the lady assured me that I would be able to pick up my phone in store that evening.

Got to the store at about 5.30pm and the lady was uninterested and rude to the point where she would not let me use the phone in store to ring customer service because apparently 'there would be no point and they can't help me as my phone has been dispatched.' I asked if there was anyone else I could speak to and she said her manager was unavailable. I asked what would happen if the phone came and I was unable to pick it up, would I automatically get my refund. Her respone was that it was out of her hands.

I left the store and rang customer service from my mobile phone. I was on the phone to a representative for over one hour and she basically said she did not know where my phone was. O2 had dispatched, the store had not received it so it was with the courier service and for now there was nothing O2 could do. 

Bear in mind that this is a gift for a family member and I go away for Christmas today, I have had to purchase a new phone. I will be away for four weeks and so the phone must be returned but I don't trust that O2 will refund me my money. I know I have 14 days to return the phone but the lady at the store said sometimes phones are kept in store for over 7 days so she can't say if it will be returned within 14 days. She also refused to take a note of my situation in case the phone arrived.

Can someone please advice on what I should do?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'm Toby, the community coordinator slight_smile

Please send me a message (you can see a link in my signature) and we can have a chat about this to see if anything can be done. I'll try to answer it later today.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous  welcome to the forum...

This is a bit of a nightmare for you and I sympathise.  I wonder, as you say you are going away today, if @Toby  our community coordinator will be able to offer you any help and support...?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Cleoriff,

Thank you for your response. Do i just send him a message directly?

Kind Regards,

Chioma

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

with Click and Collect they let you know when it's ready to collect  -> http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New%2CKB=Companion%2Cquestion%3Dref%28user%29%3As...

Check your spam folders too perhaps for any O2 email. 

Regarding how how you were treated then you could speak to the store manager. 

O2 do have a complaints process if you don't find resolution by first speaking to the store or if you don't want confrontation in the store ring O2 Customer Services. 202 for Contract. 4445 for PAYG. 8002 for Business. http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus 

I hope your phone is not delayed due to stocking levels. 

Message 4 of 6

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'm Toby, the community coordinator slight_smile

Please send me a message (you can see a link in my signature) and we can have a chat about this to see if anything can be done. I'll try to answer it later today.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous @Cleoriff,

Thank you for your response. Do i just send him a message directly?

Kind Regards,

Chioma

Hi @Anonymous As you see from the post above mine Toby has responded already. Please do as he asks and PM him using the link in his name. The very best of luck with this wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6