cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oneplus 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Went to an o2 shop the other day asking if they had any Oneplus 3's in stock and the guy who approached me said they actually had one left, I thought great that was lucky and I asked if I bought it outright would it be locked to o2 (bearing in mind Oneplus 3 confirmed in a Reddit AMA it would be unlocked to any network when bought through o2). To my surprise he said it would be locked to o2 but I wasn't buying it. So I then walked 5 minutes around the corner to another o2 shop to see if they would slip up and asked the same question "Do you have any Oneplus 3's in stock and the guy said the same thing "yes we actually have 1 left in stock". I then had a strange feeling of Déjà vu and asked if it would be locked again and he said yes it would be, but I chanced my luck and bought one with the cheapest pay as you go sim. I walked out of the shop and put my sim in and what a surprise my 3 network sim worked in it. O2 don't want you knowing they sell an unlocked phone and probably think no one would ever try to buy a locked phone and try their luck with out an on o2 sim in it and give bad retail seeking technique for telling you that they only have 1 left of the stock to get you over excited to buy it as quickly as possible? Also for anyone wondering it is still dual sim.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I actually think the poor knowledge of the product is down to lack of training more than anything else.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous Why would you buy the OnePlus 3 outright from O2 when it costs more than if you bought it direct from OnePlus?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 12

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 4 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

It must be very hard for O2 staff to keep up with the latest phones.....Destroy

They are obviously well trained with the response. 'it will lock to O2 when you insert the sim'... that they need training to actually state 'Yes the phone is unlocked' Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 12

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

So with all the shortages, fires and non locked phones the 202 number must be red hot etc and live chat flooded, shame on the training info that must be being distributed is so poor for a communication company. 

So 3 new launches in a few weeks not handled well by customer services !!! (But the regulars here are so clued up )

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
We're always more clued up on here wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 12

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
We're always more clued up on here wink

And elsewhere facebook twitter etc 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
How you getting on with the new fone am on the fence about it
Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Just get it - what are you considering as options?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 12