cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 worst website and customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been trying for 2 days now to buy a smartwatch. Apparently I am not the only one who is facing this problem

Ive placed 4 orders for a Pebble steel watch and evey time I get the error with:

O2 | Order submission failed

Something went wrong with your order

Call us on 08442 020202

I have contacted live chat and got in touch with one of their staff.. I was told I shall get a confirmation in a few hours as sometimes it takes longer.. After 5 hours was no email.  I tried to get in touch again but  even though it was 8pm   live chat was closed. 

I tried to order from my phone, new card new connection... same error.

Next day I went to an O2 store. Surprize... as they don't have any is stock and they can't even order it.. WHY??  Just make me understand why woudl you have it on display it you can't sell it? Just to tell me to go home and order it online. which apparenlty doesn't work.

Went to second store, the staff was actually stunned I am looking to buy one from the store.

Told them my problem and they put me through to cusmoter support.  Ive been told is nothing they can do and I need to order it on-line. The lady I was talking to seemed to fail to understand english. Otherwise why woudl you tell me to order online when I just explained the error I get.  Not to mention the error adviced to call that number.   

At last i;m back home..  I go live chat with customer support and after 3 more tries and new email addresses she again fails to place an order or help me in any way.  But instead advises me to call that number.

So.. Website is slow, unresponsive and the payment script is full of errors. 

Customer support is incompenete and untrained.

The whole concept of customer support is a loop with no result : order online - error-- call cusmoter support -- been advice to order online -   and again same process..

Result: money spent on travel, hours spent with customer support, a credit card maxed with about £600, migraine  and still no watch. 

Never again O2.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous

The number 08442020202 is for telesales and they can progress/place the order for the same price, as they have the same promotion. Because you have had enough problems, I think if you ring 202 (free) they will transfer you to sales so that you don't have to pay for the call. They close at 6pm. Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Beggers belief how they can mess up sometimes !!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous

The number 08442020202 is for telesales and they can progress/place the order for the same price, as they have the same promotion. Because you have had enough problems, I think if you ring 202 (free) they will transfer you to sales so that you don't have to pay for the call. They close at 6pm. Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  At last after contacting customer support so many times.. someone suggested that is actually possible to set up a call from O2 an order it with them..  

If staff would be properly trained they would knwo that.. Would have spare me hours and trips to O2 stores..  

But in the end .. I wish I had order it from somewherelse .. I saved £25 and I got a massive migraine and lost my weekend. Now I gotta keep an eye on the card ballance to see if they charged me.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

The funds on your card  may show as unavailable but the money wont actually be taken if the order wasn't completed. It will go back to normal in the next few days. slight_smile

Message 5 of 5