• 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
73 REPLIES 73

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

My problem is not the service being amalgamated, it's the potential for the service being worsened by cheaper running costs.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 31 of 74

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Different things for all of us. I am hoping for the perk of being able to use my allowances abroad (EU) with no cost.... materialistic I know....but....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 74

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Looking at prices in other countries where mergers and acquisitions have taken place, typically, the prices for contracts don't rise dramatically, but with less competition the deals may not be so forthcoming.
Remember, the UK already has some of the cheapest mobile prices in the EU.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 74

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would look forward to better coverage with more masts for us to use
Message 34 of 74

Anonymous
Not applicable
The whole deal has to go through the monopolys and mergers commission first, if they don't ok it nothing will happen. So I don't see the need to panic yet
Message 35 of 74

Anonymous
Not applicable
The word on the street from the lawyers etc is that the deal is expected to be approved assuming the two companies agree a price.

There might be some spectrum concessions and commitments to mvno's but other than that expect the takeover to get the nod from the EU
Message 36 of 74

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I think the change may be an improvement. Mr Ka -Ching certainly has money to invest in improving the service. ...Lets hope that's his plan

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 74

Anonymous
Not applicable
It may mean I dont need to carry a spare 3 handset to get data connection in Norfolk. O2 3g coverage (apart from Norwich itself) is zero all over the county. 2g only. Same applies in many tourist locations like Forest of Dean, Cotswolds, etc. Three only do 3g, it's in the name. Compare mobile broadband prices - if they steer O2 towards Three's policies prices may tumble.
Message 38 of 74

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I think the change may be an improvement. Mr Ka -Ching certainly has money to invest in improving the service. ...Lets hope that's his plan

He didn't get where he is today by spending money unnecessarily.......investing is one thing, maintaining and improving services is something totally different wink

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 39 of 74

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

He didn't get where he is today by spending money unnecessarily.......investing is one thing, maintaining and improving services is something totally different wink

Oh I know @Beenherebefore ...however I can live in hope Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 40 of 74