cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2, where is your 4G in South West England & Wales?

Anonymous
Not applicable

To date, 3rd September 2014, O2 still have NO 4G coverage in Wales, and only in villages surrounding Chippenham, Wiltshire in the South West of England. They've launched 4G in Bournemouth, but that's not exactly the "South West" like O2 are calling it. Bournemouth is the South/South Coast of England.

So, after a year of O2 4G being available, where is it? Big cities like Bristol, and Cardiff - the CAPITAL of Wales, still have NO 4G from O2. How much longer do they expect people to wait? Three have had 4G in Cardiff & Bristol since around February 2014, and EE have had 4G in Bristol & Cardiff since their network launched almost 2 years ago.

I was originally told last year by an O2 advisor that "4G would launch by the end of the year" (so by 31st December 2013). Someone else told me "March 2014", then it was "July 2014", then "we'll have it by September". It's now 3rd September. Where is it?

The thing is, 4G can't be coming anytime soon. I've searched for local council planning applications for new 4G masts. The local mast is on a street corner and looks like a streetlight. I've seen the new designs on the planning application - which was made in May, and there has been NO work on the mast whatsoever. Vodafone & O2 seem to be launching 4G together, and on Vodafone's coverage map, it says there will be no 4G upgrades in Bristol for at least the next 3 months.

Are we talking 2015 now? Or maybe even 2017 when O2 claim they'll have 98% coverage?

Are you there O2? If you are, where will you be launching 4G next? Networks such as Three have published a list of cities/towns, even villages, where they will launch 4G in 2014. Why can't you? Why are you keeping your customers in the dark about this?

O2 managed to set up a temporary 4G mast in Long Ashton, Bristol for the Bristol International Balloon Fiesta. That was really quick to set up! (and remove!) So what's going on?

Message 1 of 105
104 REPLIES 104

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Got 4G here in Thailand.....so why not full coverage in the UK...beggars belief!

Message 91 of 105

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Got 4G here in Thailand.....so why not full coverage in the UK...beggars belief!

And there you have it...cat thrown firmly among the pigeons LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 92 of 105

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Interestingly my father has had a text today from O2 saying 4g is here and that it will be live from tomorrow. We are in port talbot, coincidentally EE 4g launched in Swansea this week
Message 94 of 105

Anonymous
Not applicable

4g spotted in Cardiff at the Lidl Car Park, near Splott last night - CF24 area

Message 95 of 105

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
4G in Cardiff city centre. Got 24Mbps
Message 97 of 105

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is coming! !!! 4g its moving towards the South West. Recently I noted Bristol, Cardiff and Swansea on the radar. Now I also note Barnstaple on the radar in North Devon but nothing as yet for the cities Exeter and Taunton.
Message 98 of 105

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to say that I think the Cardiff roll-out seems to be near complete? Thank you.

I get it inside my office in Cardiff Bay - CF10 and most of the Bay area now. Also, from Leckwith/Canton to Grangetown, including inside the house - CF11.

I've also been visiting my mother in hospital in Newport recently and 4G is definitly near the hospital - NP20 2UB. (they also have a 'the Cloud' wifi service...)

So, thank you and well done. now, what about 5G? [joking] Destroy

Message 100 of 105