cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 roaming text

Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe I have been charged £1.66 to access the O2 roaming text sent whilst abroad recently. It's the only time I accessed my phone as I kept it on flight mode the whole time I was away as I had charges against my account once before. (On that occasion I was told by two different chat advisors this charge would be wiped but it wasn't)
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Flight mode or airplane mode when toggled on cuts off all data connection with any mobile network.
Message 11 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
When enabled, it allows you to still listen to music or watch video's on your phone without interfering with the planes equipment.
You can also enable flight mode and turn wifi on to use phone only when connected to a wifi hotspot removing the risk of any roaming charges at all when abroad.
Obviously sms messages won't be received but whatapp and bbm etc will be received.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
When enabled, it allows you to still listen to music or watch video's on your phone without interfering with the planes equipment.
You can also enable flight mode and turn wifi on to use phone only when connected to a wifi hotspot removing the risk of any roaming charges at all when abroad.
Obviously sms messages won't be received but whatapp and bbm etc will be received.

Well....I am speechless. I knew it was used on planes...but had no idea what for...I had no clue that it could be used when you are off a plane for the reason you say Jaw-dropping

Every day's a school day for me.... Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Certainly is. wink
Message 14 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Certainly is. wink

I may have to go and have a lie down with all this info swirling around my brain today.:smileywink:

Apologies...back on topic...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 15