cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 roaming text

Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe I have been charged £1.66 to access the O2 roaming text sent whilst abroad recently. It's the only time I accessed my phone as I kept it on flight mode the whole time I was away as I had charges against my account once before. (On that occasion I was told by two different chat advisors this charge would be wiped but it wasn't)
Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Obviously travel data charge - You must have connected before switching to flight mode of whilst checking the text.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You don't get charged for receiving texts at all whether roaming or not. It sounds very much like you must have been connected to data at some point, maybe just before you switched mode?

Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Ring O2 customer services on 202 to gain resolution if you've spoken to the Online live Chat about this.

If not still ring them back as it sometimes counts in which know you speak to.
Message 3 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

You don't get charged for receiving texts at all whether roaming or not. It sounds very much like you must have been connected to data at some point, maybe just before you switched mode?

I think that's exactly what has happened @jonsie  If the OP did not switch roaming off before leaving the UK, they would almost certainly have been connected as soon as the phone was turned on when they landed...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I think so to the £1.66 plus vat comes out to the £1.99 data charge
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes I think so to the £1.66 plus vat comes out to the £1.99 data charge

Possibly so.

Im sure 02 Customer Service's will officially clarify the charge.  slight_smile

Message 6 of 15

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Obviously travel data charge - You must have connected before switching to flight mode of whilst checking the text.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 15

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Just when I think I have learnt enough for the day...this crops up... 'Flight mode'

So if I tell you this...before I get on the plane to go abroad, I just turn data roaming/mobile data etc off....

The phone goes in my pocket...(I have never once turned flight mode on) The plane touches down...I turn the phone back on.. it finds Movistar...and away I go....

So what am I missing with flight mode?? Smiley Embarassed LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 15