cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 refer

Anonymous
Not applicable

My friend refereed me several months ago and she and I are still waiting. The form and link was filled and clicked and the order was placed.

I have called up customer service and used the online chat and I keep being bounced between both. No one seems to accepting responsibility. I have just tried to contact online chat this morning. I was speaking to Linden and as soon as I mentioned 02 refer, there was no response. The chat is still open. 

Who do i speak to with reference to this?

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was sent a email from the refer a friend team 9 days ago and I have not heard anything from them since .

Message 11 of 41

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
We've heard from others that they don't rush - Sometimes upto 3 to 4 months for the vouchers to be sent.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be nice to hear something from them. I have already waited several months for them to send me a refer form. The least they could do is to keep me informed. The refer a friend should benefit everybody but at the moment it seems to only benefit o2.

Message 13 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It would be nice to hear something from them. I have already waited several months for them to send me a refer form. The least they could do is to keep me informed. The refer a friend should benefit everybody but at the moment it seems to only benefit o2.

Sounds like a reasonable request to me. 

Message 14 of 41

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Have you followed the complaints process yet ?
http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 41

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

This scheme just doesn't seem to be fit for purpose. Why should people have to jump through hoops to try and get what they are entitled to? Very poor from O2!

Message 16 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous ,

Sorry u having such a hard time with getting inf on ur refer a friend, but according to the terms and conditions there may be a number of reasons why u still haven't received the vouchers, the 2 in blue are the most common reasons why vouchers have not been sent yet.Hope this helps.:smileyhappy:

Refer a Friend terms and conditions

1. Referred friends must buy a Pay Monthly contract online, directly from O2.co.uk for both parties to become eligible for the referral reward. This offer is not valid if redeemed in store, over the telephone or via third party sellers such as The Carphone Warehouse.
  2. Following successful validation of purchase instructions will be emailed to both the 'Referrer' and the 'Friend' regarding how to claim your reward.
  3. You reward will be an e-voucher, which will also be sent to you via email.
  4. The reward will be sent to both parties within 3 months from your referred friend's connection.
  5. You won't receive your reward if your friend is in arrears or disconnects from O2.
  6. You can't recommend yourself!
  7. Check that your friend is happy to hear about this offer from O2.
  8. We'll withhold rewards if we reasonably suspect fraudulent activity.
  9. Anybody can refer friends to O2, you do not have to be an O2 customer.
  10. This offer can't be used in conjunction with any other offer and it may be withdrawn at any time.
  11. Your friend must purchase the referred product directly after clicking on the link we will send them in their referral email. If they click on any other websites or advertising in between we will not be able to track the sale or pay either referral fees.
  12. If either party is already an O2 contract customer the terms of their O2 contract continue to apply.
  13. This offer is not applicable when referring a customer who already has a connected O2 pay monthly phone or SIM.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/refer-a-friend-terms-and-conditions

https://www.refero2.co.uk/mobile/default.aspx

Message 17 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122811 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Good link @Anonymous 

I would say however that point 11 is very ambiguous...and the area where the promotion could probably fall flat slight_frown

11) Your friend must purchase the referred product directly after clicking on the link we will send them in their referral email. If they click on any other websites or advertising in between we will not be able to track the sale or pay either referral fees.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

True @Cleoriff , but imagine ppl would just buy from other websites and pages, they would need months and months to be able to trace them. As long ppl follow the instructions given on the second link and comply with the terms and conditions they should be fine. No reason why they shouldn't get their voucher ok. slight_smile

Message 19 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122811 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

True @Cleoriff , but imagine ppl would just buy from other websites and pages, they would need months and months to be able to trace them. As long ppl follow the instructions given on the second link and comply with the terms and conditions they should be fine. No reason why they shouldn't get their voucher ok. slight_smile

I agree...and as I said, good post with plenty of info wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 41