cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 recycle

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I recently sent my phone to O2 recycle & they have just paid £70 less into my account than they quoted. I contacted them & they said they sent me an email but I never received an email. Now they say they wont send my phone back as its too late. They said my screen was too dull, yes thats how I like it but it can be change back in settings. Can someone help?
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for getting back to me. After arguying with then through email & asking for a screenshot of thr email they sent me & a copy of the report (which should include my IMEI no) stating that there was something wrong with my phone, they eventually phone me to say that they some how made a mistake and never sent me an email so on this occassion they will pay me the full amount. I ask him to confirm this through email but they havent as yet. So fingers crossed I get the rest of the money. I couldnt believe they were trying to fob me off. I shall let you know how I get on.

Thanks again
Message 5 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144326 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
O2 complaints procedure is detailed here http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and Welcome to the forum @Anonymous

Possibly Check any spam folders for o2's e mail.

Once it's past the cut off and in the system I doubt you'll get the phone back unfortunately. 😞

Try the complaints procedure as MI5 has Linked to. You may get the decision overturned and more cash.

Let us know how you get on please.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Surely they shouldn't go ahead until you reply to their email I would complain definitely
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for getting back to me. After arguying with then through email & asking for a screenshot of thr email they sent me & a copy of the report (which should include my IMEI no) stating that there was something wrong with my phone, they eventually phone me to say that they some how made a mistake and never sent me an email so on this occassion they will pay me the full amount. I ask him to confirm this through email but they havent as yet. So fingers crossed I get the rest of the money. I couldnt believe they were trying to fob me off. I shall let you know how I get on.

Thanks again
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's great to hear ( on this occasion what a cheek it was their fault in the first place) glad to hear your hopefully sorted
Message 6 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144326 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Good news, I think slight_smile
Let us know when you get your money please....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi VickzM,

Sorry to hear about this. Let me know how you get on and send me a private message if you need to so that we can sort this out slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm glad to hear you had a reasonable outcome in the end.
Message 9 of 9