cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 or Aerial - who am I with? and why has my phone stopped working when I tried to ask O2 online?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My 02 contract was up for renewal and someone claiming to be from 02 phoned and offered me a new deal for 24 months. My contract now seems to be with Aerial but my bank Direct Debit is still with 02. Are they a bonafide company? Today they (Aerial) sent me a letter saying I'm due a monthly refund for not getting a new phone, and want my bank details including account no and sort code. Is this all OK? I tried getting help with an O2 online advisor but they couldn't help me and now my mobile phone has stopped working. Screen looks fine but I cannot send or receive calls or texts since asking for help!!!

Message 1 of 243
242 REPLIES 242

Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone from O2 has telephoned me this morning and is going to try to sort this mess out with Aerial. Many thanks to Toby for his help in this matter. Happy New Year folks.

Message 51 of 243

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Let us know how you get on!

Happy New Year! slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 52 of 243

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Glad to hear you are getting somewhere now with this I just hope it gets resolved in a timely fashion and has no affect on your credit report.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 53 of 243

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Fingers crossed for you slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 54 of 243

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone, I will report back and let you know how I get on. Yes Adam, I'm also hoping it has not yet affected my credit report as I've never missed a payment for anything in my life until this fiasco.

Message 55 of 243

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck. Sounds promising that o2 are now on the case.

I hope the result is a positive one for you.
Message 56 of 243

Anonymous
Not applicable
If your credit report has been affected and the case is subsequently resolved in your favour you can:

A. Ask o2 to correct your credit report or
B. If o2 refuse for any reason you are entitled to put a "notice of correction" on your credit file.

If you need to do B in the future let us know and we can explain what you need to do.

However I feel if this goes in your favour and if you credit report has been hit that o2 would do the right thing.
Message 57 of 243

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for that info piperdog, that's very useful to know.
Message 58 of 243

Anonymous
Not applicable
You are very welcome claudiaq

In reality my feeling is it won't come to that. Now that o2 have picked up your case I am inclined to think your "business" contract will be cancelled and o2 will allow you to take on a new "consumer" contract and will adjust your balance accordingly. You may also receive some compensation for your troubles.

That is my gut feel based on the info I have seen. But it is just that, my pinion.
Message 59 of 243

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a wee update to say that everything has been sorted out. Whew!!!

Toby I am so very grateful to you for forwarding my problems to O2, and a lovely lady at O2 who contacted me, then contacted Aerial who then contacted me and it's now all been resolved. I no longer have a problem, it's all been sorted out between the 2 companies themselves.

Thanks to everyone here who has given me support and sent me messages. This forum is a really helpful place for customers of O2 to visit.

I wish you all a very Happy New Year.

Message 60 of 243