cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 or Aerial - who am I with? and why has my phone stopped working when I tried to ask O2 online?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My 02 contract was up for renewal and someone claiming to be from 02 phoned and offered me a new deal for 24 months. My contract now seems to be with Aerial but my bank Direct Debit is still with 02. Are they a bonafide company? Today they (Aerial) sent me a letter saying I'm due a monthly refund for not getting a new phone, and want my bank details including account no and sort code. Is this all OK? I tried getting help with an O2 online advisor but they couldn't help me and now my mobile phone has stopped working. Screen looks fine but I cannot send or receive calls or texts since asking for help!!!

Message 1 of 243
242 REPLIES 242

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144285 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Hopefully Toby will see the PM from Adam and get in touch with you.
If you can get hold of the right person this can be sorted quite easily, I would think.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 41 of 243

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
The frustration should be aimed fully at aerial they are the ones at fault. O2 must initially given them access to the database as they are a centre of excellence the issue here is that aerial should really only be contacting business customers and this can be seen on other websites as well.

If you contact the crs again this is the key question why were you contacted and moved to a business contract.

But the moment you agreed you became a customer of aerial and not o2 aerial never had access to your bank details and o2 just used the details on file when the account was changed consumer to business by aerial. as i tried to explain in the bullet points reply.

I wish you luck in resolving this in a satisfactory fashion but feel without you getting legal advice this may drag on and hurt your credit rating.

Yes o2 have played a part in this by giving access to the consumer database but I believe the t&c allow this to there carefully selected partners!
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 42 of 243

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Claudiaq,

I'm just about to reply to your PM
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 43 of 243

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@toby thanks

I think someone in the center of excelance team at o2 should investigate the tactics of aerial and look on other forums like mse where this is obviously taking place as a wide spread issue

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 44 of 243

Anonymous
Not applicable
Toby thanks, I've received your messages. Fingers crossed something can be done to help me.
Message 45 of 243

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Adam for your help. I agree O2 really need to look into this - there is something far wrong with the way Aerial are operating.
Message 46 of 243

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I would add that IF Aerial are found to be abusing their position as a trusted o2 partner that o2 take prompt action if necessary removing Aerial's contract.

IF everything we have seen written here is true it is a rather shocking sorry story of bad practice.

Note: I only say IF as we only have one side of a story so far and no response from Aerial or an o2 investigation. I have no reason to doubt the OP or anyone else who has commented.
Message 47 of 243

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
@piperdog123 just search them on mse and other forums etc..

As I have said why a business partner (centre of excellence(cough)) has access to the consumer database is beyond me.
Apple Watch series 4

Message 48 of 243

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

And why are they moving consumers onto business contracts mostly against their wishes and by telling them it is no different when it obviously is?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 49 of 243

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
@perksie agreed but taken up via other channels not in public if you know what i mean. a few twitter dm's have been sent etc.
Apple Watch series 4

Message 50 of 243