cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 or Aerial - who am I with? and why has my phone stopped working when I tried to ask O2 online?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My 02 contract was up for renewal and someone claiming to be from 02 phoned and offered me a new deal for 24 months. My contract now seems to be with Aerial but my bank Direct Debit is still with 02. Are they a bonafide company? Today they (Aerial) sent me a letter saying I'm due a monthly refund for not getting a new phone, and want my bank details including account no and sort code. Is this all OK? I tried getting help with an O2 online advisor but they couldn't help me and now my mobile phone has stopped working. Screen looks fine but I cannot send or receive calls or texts since asking for help!!!

Message 1 of 243
242 REPLIES 242

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

We feed back to the team on all of these observations regularly and will continue to do so. However, there are ways we could perhaps discuss the issue in more depth here. Gerry's idea of a partners list is an interesting one. You can however find that below.

http://www.o2.co.uk/business/wheretobuy/partners/index

Do you think a Virtual Interview would be a good idea with this topic?
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 161 of 243

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@Toby wrote:
Hi guys,

We feed back to the team on all of these observations regularly and will continue to do so. However, there are ways we could perhaps discuss the issue in more depth here. Gerry's idea of a partners list is an interesting one. You can however find that below.

Do you think a Virtual Interview would be a good idea with this topic?Yes get the toerags from Aerial on here, that will be a good interview for sure. Not one customer has a good word to say about these cowboys.

Message 162 of 243

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122769 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

A virtual interview would only work if Aerial participated. I can't see that happening any time soon Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 163 of 243

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:
Hi guys,

Do you think a Virtual Interview would be a good idea with this topic?

I am not, as you all know, one to quibble Smiley LOL but my "idea" was not just a "partners list".  It was rather a list of such partners " who are authorised to contact customers togther with a clear statement of the products/services such companies may offer and whether O2 have any legal or other responsibilities in the event that things go wrong for customers."   I think you'd agree that covers somewhat more than the advertising blurb reproduced on the page whose link you provided - Can  the Aerial talked about in this thread  really be the same company as the "O2 Centre of Excellence Partner"  with a "sterling reputation for customer service"?

A Virtual Interview would only be worthwhile if it is with someone from O2 who knows what is going on and has the knowledge, authority and the weight to ensure that dubious practices cease and affected customers are properly recompensed.   No hiding behind PMs!   (only joking.....) 

Message 164 of 243

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I would guess that "somebody" in O2's Purchasing and Procurement has negotiated the contracts with these "Trusted Partners" and hasn't the slightest idea how that Partner is operating that contract.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 165 of 243

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Thanks for the additional info @Anonymous thats helpful slight_smile

I've fed this thread back to the rest of the team and I'll see if we can do anything around this.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 166 of 243

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Does O2 ever actually audit any of these partners - I have to audit all my trading partners and suppliers every 3 years and if they don't meet the mark they are off the list until they can show improvement.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 167 of 243

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Does O2 ever actually audit any of these partners - I have to audit all my trading partners and suppliers every 3 years and if they don't meet the mark they are off the list until they can show improvement.

But you probably work for a quality-driven company wink

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 168 of 243

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

But you probably work for a quality-driven company wink

No choice but to be as there is so much competition the weak will fall by the wayside - Maybe that's the problem with Telecomms - Not enough competition or no one company doing enough to shake up the industry?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 169 of 243

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Toby feeding back is one thing but there is no action being taken.

Aerial are a BUSINESS contracts seller so my question is this. ..

Why are Aerial supplied details of consumer contract customers? ???

The Data Protection Act 1994 is very clear. Businesses should only hold our data for as long as there is a legitimate need to do so. THERE IS NO LEGITIMATE NEED FOR AERIAL TO HOLD ANY OF OUR DETAILS AS CONSUMERS.
Message 170 of 243