cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 or Aerial - who am I with? and why has my phone stopped working when I tried to ask O2 online?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My 02 contract was up for renewal and someone claiming to be from 02 phoned and offered me a new deal for 24 months. My contract now seems to be with Aerial but my bank Direct Debit is still with 02. Are they a bonafide company? Today they (Aerial) sent me a letter saying I'm due a monthly refund for not getting a new phone, and want my bank details including account no and sort code. Is this all OK? I tried getting help with an O2 online advisor but they couldn't help me and now my mobile phone has stopped working. Screen looks fine but I cannot send or receive calls or texts since asking for help!!!

Message 1 of 243
242 REPLIES 242

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Do a search on here for Aerial and I think others have been successful cancelling with them.

Message 91 of 243

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats very disappointing, only thing I wanted to renew my contract in a normal way and get a new phone :,( O2 should stop this company..

Message 92 of 243

MI5
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
We all agree with you!
It may be worth you registering a complaint too....
http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 93 of 243

Anonymous
Not applicable

And yes I've read all the comments, I contacted the community coordinator as I saw he helped for a few people here... hopefully he can help me as well

Message 94 of 243

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you MI5 I will do that too!

Message 95 of 243

MI5
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Good luck (and that is said with sincerity)...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 96 of 243

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!! Hopefully I will have good luck...

Message 97 of 243

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not that flamin company again!!!! O2 come on. Are you that desperate for customers? This company is succinctly dubious and should have their trusted partner status removed.
Message 98 of 243

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Not that flamin company again!!!! O2 come on. Are you that desperate for customers? This company is succinctly dubious and should have their trusted partner status removed.

Totally agree, I can't think why O2 would want to associate themselves in any way, shape or form with this company.

Message 99 of 243

Anonymous
Not applicable

Omg cannot believe what i have been reading on this thread about O2 & Aerial and yes they have struck again.

My daughter was contacted by them she was a consumer user on pay as you go. She was lead to believe they were O2 and as a LOYAL O2 CUSTOMER  they where offering her a pay monthly contract that would be cheaper than what she was spending monthly on her pay as you go sim.

Her Monthly payments where suppose to be £22.55 a month but have been £28.25 a month when she contacted them they said they would refund her £5.00 a month but she still hasnt seen that (what a surprise) and she found out that she is now a buisness customer but does not have a buisness let alone a job!

I want to know how they got her details and how could they tell how much she was spending per month. She has contacted both O2 & Aerial and all they keep telling her it is down to the other company to deal with it (buck passing as usual).

She has since taking this out been let go from her Job so has no form of income, Neither Aerial or O2 have been any help in anyway shape or form other than O2 telling her if she wished to be released from her contract it would cost £443.00 but then telling her in the next breathe that they just take payments its down to aerial to cancel the contract, are you as confused as me.

Just seems to me that this is nothing other than a very clever scam by both parties involved if anyone can offer any advice it would be much appreciated as my poor daughter is so upset by this all and it is making her very ill.

After Reading through some of this thread not all as im so angry(but will read it right through) i cannot believe that O2 still have anything to do with Aerial whatsoever they should be ashamed.

Message 100 of 243