cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 or Aerial - who am I with? and why has my phone stopped working when I tried to ask O2 online?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My 02 contract was up for renewal and someone claiming to be from 02 phoned and offered me a new deal for 24 months. My contract now seems to be with Aerial but my bank Direct Debit is still with 02. Are they a bonafide company? Today they (Aerial) sent me a letter saying I'm due a monthly refund for not getting a new phone, and want my bank details including account no and sort code. Is this all OK? I tried getting help with an O2 online advisor but they couldn't help me and now my mobile phone has stopped working. Screen looks fine but I cannot send or receive calls or texts since asking for help!!!

Message 1 of 243
242 REPLIES 242

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been caught in this Aerial trap too. my contract with Aerial ends at the end of May and I do not intend to renew it. Am I entitled to a PAC code and can I set up a new contract with another company from 1 June, and do I have to give notice that I will no longer be paying them by direct debit? @Toby you seem to know a lot about this subject, but I am unable to PM you using the Contact Me button on the site?
Message 171 of 243

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous ,

Use the link below to PM me

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/60444

Cheers

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 172 of 243

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am affraid to say that AERIAL TELEPHONES are at it again,

They cold called me while I was at work and Pressured me in to a Contract with them and I thought they where 02, so agread.

That same day I have tried to cancel the contact, Rung them and they said someone would get back to me, no one did, I rung again, they said i was in a que to be called back, (This tells me they have scammed a lot of people), I had to go to work!

They DONT understand word CANCEL! even in their Terms and Conditions it says I have 7 days cooling off period!

On my recent phone call today they said they will go over the recording of the phone conversation we had! Whats that going to achieve??

02 should get rid of these Bullys, Cold Calling customers Bullying them and 0 Customer Service, They use the 02 Logo and are giving them a BAD name!.

Anyway all I need is HELP to cancel this Contact if anyone is able to do so.

Regards

Victoria.

Message 173 of 243

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous (Victoria)

Please send me a private message and I will help you with this.

Welcome to the O2 Community!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 174 of 243

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Bottom line is you need to threaten them with legal action. They have mis-sold you a product as they only provide 'Business Contracts'.. As you need a consumer contract then they are totally out of order...

Edit I have just seen the response by @Toby  please send him a private message as requested.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 175 of 243

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

This is the firm concerned and they have been doing this for many years:

https://www.aerial-telephones.co.uk/aerial/

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 176 of 243

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would love to know how these companies get away with it.

I've been working in Telecoms for 8 years and every connection/upgrade etc, we need to demonstrate we have seen acceptable form of ID. Failure to do so could leave us all on the dole.

How can Aeriel therefore, pass consumers on Business tariffs through credit check and how would Consumers provide suitable Business proofs? Why aren't O2 investigating?

Message 177 of 243

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had exactly the same problems. I was promised £10 per month discount for not having their phone but it hasn't happened. Now I can't get hold of them!

Message 179 of 243

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144079 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Same old lies from them, sadly.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 180 of 243