cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 or Aerial - who am I with? and why has my phone stopped working when I tried to ask O2 online?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My 02 contract was up for renewal and someone claiming to be from 02 phoned and offered me a new deal for 24 months. My contract now seems to be with Aerial but my bank Direct Debit is still with 02. Are they a bonafide company? Today they (Aerial) sent me a letter saying I'm due a monthly refund for not getting a new phone, and want my bank details including account no and sort code. Is this all OK? I tried getting help with an O2 online advisor but they couldn't help me and now my mobile phone has stopped working. Screen looks fine but I cannot send or receive calls or texts since asking for help!!!

Message 1 of 243
242 REPLIES 242

Anonymous
Not applicable
The OP has a right to request a copy of the call recording.

Based on what the OP has put here then this would be fraud.
Message 141 of 243

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Despite the vast amounts of complaints about Aerial...O2 continue to use them. I just think we are all wasting our time as they aren't listening... either to us...or people who are being conned by this company.

It beggars belief to me. When I worked for the NHS, they started contracting out some services to third parties. If these companies didn't meet set criteria our hospital had no problem terminating their contracts

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 142 of 243

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think @Cleoriff you have hit the nail on the head.

O2 aren't listening
Message 143 of 243

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:
When I worked for the NHS, they started contracting out some services to third parties. If these companies didn't meet set criteria our hospital had no problem terminating their contracts

But unlike Tesco and other large companies, perhaps NHS didn't receive payments from their preferred suppliers wink

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 144 of 243

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:
When I worked for the NHS, they started contracting out some services to third parties. If these companies didn't meet set criteria our hospital had no problem terminating their contracts

But unlike Tesco and other large companies, perhaps NHS didn't receive payments from their preferred suppliers wink

Of course.... there is that 'business practice' that I failed to consider wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 145 of 243

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93156 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

O2 should, if they want to remain in shady business with this partner, at least insist Arseial  are upfront with customers instead of trying to deceive people into thinking they are dealing directly with O2.

Message 146 of 243

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Guys,

I'm in the same situation

received an offer that was better than my actual contract 

double data keeping the same quatity of minutes and unlimited txt for a cheapest price

after a 2 bills the amount increased almost the double

trying to cancel the contract

what else can i do ?

Message 147 of 243

MI5
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Not much now unfortunately - These shisters have got you by the short and curlys 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 148 of 243

jonsie
  • 93156 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Make sure they haven't put you on a business contract. This has happened a lot with Aerial slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 150 of 243