cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 open discount on iPad air2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

I've done some searching around this discussion borad and found a few posts that suggest that the O2 Open Discount has been given on the iPad Air 2

I've just had a text from O2 to say that " the iPad 2 and iPad Mini 3 are not currently eligible", despite the staff at the Birmingham Bull Ring store saying it would be

There's nothing in the O2 Open T&Cs that say that certain products are excluded

Given that I have three phone contracts with O2 and that my son and I signed up for two iPad Airs last Saturday, I expected a little more in respect of customer retention effort (or was that my first mistake?...)

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

N

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

If there's anyone reading this thread from O2 customer services,

Basically, No.

Just Social Media Staff and any CS reps such as @Anonymous who post in a private capacity.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 25

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

...ass and elbow! Poor staff training  or a commission related issue in store?

Message 12 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course, I can't find the offer now - it was in with the "free speaker" and "O2 Priority" ads on the My O2 page

However, I've found the text at the foot of O2 iPad page - it reads:-

"If you are an existing active O2 mobile or mobile broadband customer you get £99.99 off the upfront cost on the iPad Air 16GB with 5GB of data or £89.99 off the upfront cost of the iPad Air 16GB with 8GB of data compared (representative example) to non O2 customers. Visit your nearest store for further details. "

This is just a variation on the £83.99 offer I'd seen that involved a 3GB airtime contract instead.

I've also twigged that by getting my son to buy an iPad Air 2, I should have been offered the chance to "introduce a friend and get £40 of vouchers"

I wouldn't want to be the manager of the Birmingham branch on Saturday, although to be fair, if he gives me my 2 x £50 back, I'll be happy. Not holding my breath though, but I suppose I could always hit them with the 14 day cooling off notice on both contracts, then take out two new ones - hopefully, they'll see that such a faff isn't necessary

Message 13 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello again @Anonymous , the O2 stores have their own complaint handling procedures, so the store's Manager should be your best option. If for some reason after you have done that you still feel like you're not happy with the result do ring customer services. 

Message 14 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update - spoke to the manager last night (who it turns out was the knowledgable girl that served me on Saturday)

She was completely unaware that the iPad Air2 (and other devices) were excluded from O2 Open discount - she'd never seen the FAQ page on the O2 Open discount website

I reminded her that the discounts that I originally enquired about were still being advertised, and that despite being entitled to TWO discounts (no up front on the iPads AND I should have been given the O2 Open discount on the two phone contracts I renewed on Saturday) - I ended up being given the deal that I would have got if I'd never been an O2 customer before

Tonight, I got a call from Chris Dunn (not sure of his position) who asked me to send him evidence of the "no up-front" deals - I had managed to put a 64GB iPad into my basket over the weekend and it was still there, proudly displaying no up-front costs - emailed him a copy

So - I may be getting somewhere - will report back when I hear more

N

Message 15 of 25

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Keep on at them wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Well it sounds like their sitting up and taking notice of you.

Let's hope you get a reasonable resolution to the situation.
Message 17 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Good for you. Perseverance is obviously the key....hope it all works out wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

YAY!

A victory for common sense and customer service

2 x £50 up-front costs have been credited back to mine and my son's O2 accounts

Thanks for all the help and support - aren't forums great?!

Message 19 of 25

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions