cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 open discount on iPad air2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

I've done some searching around this discussion borad and found a few posts that suggest that the O2 Open Discount has been given on the iPad Air 2

I've just had a text from O2 to say that " the iPad 2 and iPad Mini 3 are not currently eligible", despite the staff at the Birmingham Bull Ring store saying it would be

There's nothing in the O2 Open T&Cs that say that certain products are excluded

Given that I have three phone contracts with O2 and that my son and I signed up for two iPad Airs last Saturday, I expected a little more in respect of customer retention effort (or was that my first mistake?...)

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

N

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144358 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Excellent to hear slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 25

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

And just shows what you can achieve if you keep trying. Brilliant news wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous I also had a few problems when purchasing an iPad Air 2 from o2 last month, firstly I was promised it next day, when in fact there was a delay of 2 weeks and secondly the o2 open discount, I had a chat with someone online and they stated it was available.

After having a few conversations with customer advisors and a manager I didn't get anywhere with my argument, even though I had it in black and white, I took my complaint to the top, the advisor from customer relations was very helpful and immediately resolved my is issue, he credited my account with the overall discount to cover future bills.

I will add that over the last 6 months the customer service with o2 has deteriorated, I used to find them the best in the mobile industry, but recently I've had so many problems which means I have to spend time ringing up all the time to resolve issues caused by either their system or incompetent advisors; I just hope it improves.
Message 23 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous - well done - seems you're as persistent as I am......

In my younger years, I would probably have had a bit of a rant, got nowhere, and walked away with a bit of a sulk on

Now I'm (ahem) rather more mature, I tend to think before I act - I find that sometimes, a gentle, polite request will keep the "enemy" on-side for far longer than going in all guns blazing. Its much easier to start gently and then get tough, rather than the other way round.

Also, I find that giving people an "either / or" choice keeps matters simple and leaves them with zero ambiguity - so, phrases like:-

"I'd like either the O2 Open discount, or the no up-front charge offer - don't mind which"

or

"you can either give me the discount you've advertised, or I'll return both iPads under the 14-day cooling-off notice and go over the road to the Vodafone shop"

I never give three choices, as it takes too long to think about - always give two, where the choices are blindingly obvious, or are win/win for me.

My final method is to "tell, not ask" - on occasion, I don't say "what are you going to do about it?", and I use "this is what you are going to do - ..."

Doesn't always work, but I find that the current economic climate means that commercial organisations are increasing desperate to hold onto customers that they've spent fortunes attracting, so they're willing to work fairly hard to keep them (but only when pushed)

Hopefully, this little escapade will result in a some better product training for the shop staff, but I'm not going to hold my breath...

Message 24 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

I enjoyed reading your last post. It is so similar to how I would have played it.

In the past.....my temper would have got the better of me and I would have been in full rottweiler mode...

However, a fair few years spent in nursing taught me to keep my 'friends close and enemies closer'...

I have pulled all sorts of stunts and crept around a great number of people to get the very best care for my patients....LOL

Now I try always to approach from a friendly perspective. If it doesn't work I am quite happy to phone again to get a more amenable person on the end of the phone.....

I also have no hesitation, when it's warranted, to playing the dumb fool card. So many people feel better when they think they are 'helping the helpless'...:smileywink:

Do anything that works for you is my motto......

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 25