cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 open - database error

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all
Just upgraded over the phone and was told to go to o2open and fill out the form to get discount for working for the nhs. How ever it doesn't like anything I put in 'organisation'. I have tried the hospital name and NHS and national health service. I also tried it just to see if it was this company having problems and put in other companies I know are eligible for discount and still database error came up. I am doing it on an iPad but have also tried on my phone.
Any ideas??
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

There is another way, you can send an sms with the word "Open" to 2020, then you should get an sms back with

"thanks, please respond with OPEN, followed by your open code, mobile number, name and postcode"

then you should get another one saying:

"Thanks, we will check the details to confirm eligibility and process your request within 48 hours"

Hope this helps @Anonymous  slight_smile

Message 8 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can try via a laptop or PC.

Live chat sorted mine out though.

Good luck
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Live chat option at bottom of page. 'Contact us'
Message 3 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Usually just "NHS" works but it does sound like the website is having issues, so the CS option as mentioned by Nandroid is probably the best option for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Live chat have told me that I cannot do it until my order arrives. I am not sure this is correct as it says at the side that even if you're not with O2 you can sign up.
"1. Enter your details here to create your own O2 Open account. If you are on a different mobile network, you can still have O2 Open - simply enter your current mobile number."

So not really sure what is happening but I will try again once my new phone arrives.
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

It doesn't matter if you have phone or noy - You might be better off calling and speaking to CS (0344 8090202) as live chat do get it wrong sometimes wink
You have a month from receiving your phone to redeem your code so bear that in mind too.....
Good luck slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 10

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You should be able to get a code just using any o2 mobile number. You can then apply it to your account after upgrading.

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

There is another way, you can send an sms with the word "Open" to 2020, then you should get an sms back with

"thanks, please respond with OPEN, followed by your open code, mobile number, name and postcode"

then you should get another one saying:

"Thanks, we will check the details to confirm eligibility and process your request within 48 hours"

Hope this helps @Anonymous  slight_smile

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all,

The site seems to be working now and I have my code and have text it to OPEN like suggested above.  So I will see what happens next!  

Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 10 of 10