cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 mobile fails to connect at London Underground stations using VM WiFi

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've asked at three local London O2 outlets why my mobile no longer connects to Virgin Media WiFi at the tube stations and no one has a clue. It used to connect but now won't.

I'm on PAYG and I've topped up very recently. My friend has the same issue, so its not just me then.

see http://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-london-underground

Yes O2 WiFi is installed and my mobile is registered to use it.

Anyone else have this problem?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Have a look at this thread @Anonymous A solution was found which worked...

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Wifi-At-London-Underground-Not-able-to-connect/m-p/668565#M11934

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 25

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You are the second one today so it maybe a wider issue but try resetting your device MAC id from the system http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Wifi-At-London-Underground-Not-able-to-conne...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Yes ...as this is the second poster then maybe the WiFi itself is having a 'bad day' wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 25

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It's probably being "improved" wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes i am having the same problem. I have a Samsung galaxy a3 2016 fone and it won't connect either. When i called o2 the guy i spoke to was so rude and couldn't care less. I will be making a report against him. He had no clue what i was talking about and even had the guts to end the call on me. I only needed someone to help me with my problem. But when i called back to talk to someone else, she said my phone is not compatible with the service and I was like really? This a recent 2016 phone how can it not be compatible, it doesn't make sense. Since when did wifi on underground start depending on the phone model? And even if that was the case, not for a phone like this one, it's recent and android and Samsung galaxy brand so i don't get it. But yea, i am having same problem, and my one is even a monthly price plan too so that makes it even more mysterious.

Message 6 of 25

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I wouldn't worry or panic as it sounds like it's an underground issue, not phone related at all.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 25

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys, 

Those of you having difficulties with accessing the underground wifi please try the suggestion posted by @MI5. If it fails to help let me know and I can raise this with the team. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

I think, as this is the third person who has complained on here today it's probably an issue affecting the underground Wifi itself and not phone related @Martin-O2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 25

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
All the clues are there.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 25