cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 email still working?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope this hasn't been discussed somewhere else. I migrated my email to gmail when the notice for O2 arrived that it would be closing down on 20.6.16. 

However while there doesn't seem to be a web based access point on o2 anymore i am still receiving email and can send from the o2 account set up on my iPhone/iPad. Has anyone else found this and do you know know why? Is it just a delay etc? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought I had transferred all my contacts to Hotmail from o2 and everything has been working fine until now.

I bought something online( I buy loads of stuff online) but I hadn't used this supplier for ages and after I had paid I realised that they probably had my old email number. When I checked my new email account the order wasn't there and I couldn't access o2 (as some people can).

The order will probably be delivered ok as they have all my details, it's just that if anything does go wrong I haven't any proof that I placed the order.

Message 11 of 24

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

You need to go into the account you have with the supplier and change your contact email address. There really isn't anything else you can do if your O2 mail has stopped.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I guess there will always be odd ones like this popping up - I wouldn't think I could catch every online supplier I use in one go.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ed1 and others

I have also arranged for all my O2 webmail to be redirected to gmail.   Which was one of the 'recommended' options, when we were informed O2 webmail was closing down.    However, I am still a little bit confused.     What was the point in arranging redirection, if it was just going to be a temporary solution?    I have informed most of my contacts that they should delete my old O2 webmail address,  but as one of your 'experts' mentioned, you can't possibly remember everyone.    And something important might turn up.  I might win the lottery, for example.    Does closing down webmail mean that the redirection service has finished for good?    Many thanks. 

Message 14 of 24

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
O2 aren't redirecting any email.
Users need to inform their contacts of the change.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 24

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous Where did you get the idea that you could redirect your O2 mail, or is that just the way you've interpreted the word regarding you notifying your contacts yourself?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 16 of 24

jonsie
  • 92926 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Redirection has never been an option. It's a matter of forwarding with your new email client...........

Message 17 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Although the webmail has been taken off the log in page, and I have contacted all my "wanted" people, I am still getting loads of spam emails coming through my old email address on my laptop. I still have to go and delete them all every day. When will they stop my old email address?  Very annoying. 

Message 18 of 24

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Any day now....

Currently using:
Message 19 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here we are on 10th July and still getting o2 emails.   If they are notg closing down the server as they said, why did we all bother?   Looks as if we will get o2 emails forever.Feedback

Message 20 of 24