cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 data it's not real

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have 5gb from O2 data... But it's no real 5 gb... My data always finish in 2 week and I have use my internet just to check a Facebook and Google maps... Before I have 1gb internet and always finish 1 week before renew my bill... Now I have 5gb and my data it's finish in 2 week .... I'm really disappoint with O2... Next year change to Vodafone... Ps: my contrat it's 38£ por month and never came 38£ to pay... Always I have to pay mor and mor... This the true
Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Use your My O2 to monitor your usage and check for charges outside your allowance.
As this is a user related problem you will have the same issues on any network unless you learn to manage your account, I'm afraid....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

There's something appears to be seriously wrong with your phone set up if you are getting through 5gb just using what you say. Have a look in the phone settings to see where your data is being used.

Message 2 of 16

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Use your My O2 to monitor your usage and check for charges outside your allowance.
As this is a user related problem you will have the same issues on any network unless you learn to manage your account, I'm afraid....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I have O2 app and I check the charges... But the problem is data it's not 5gb real.... I have contact O2 costumer service and I ask for statement for my data.. And he says it's not autorazi to give estatement from data... This it's a absurd
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I have O2 app and I check the charges... But the problem is data it's not 5gb real.... I have contact O2 costumer service and I ask for statement for my data.. And he says it's not autorazi to give estatement from data... This it's a absurd
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not solved
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Assuming you are only using what you say you are using then your choice of network is irrelevant. The same will happen with Vodafone.

First things first are you connecting to wifi where you can?

Secondly Google Maps is data heavy if used alot.

Thirdly are you a regular Facebook user? Facebook has a new setting whereby videos auto run and if you use gsm data then that will eat your data allowance.

Really think you need to review the way you use the phone.
Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
What phone are you using as most of them show data usage in the settings.
You can reset the data counter on your bill date and it will count how much data each app is using on a daily basis to see what you are using most on.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also o2 are unable to state how you used your data. Your choice of websites etc to access is just that, your choice.

I too have 5gb of data and despite the fact i regularly stream Sky Go (sometimes for an hour a day and streaming is data heavy (up to 5mb per minute) and still i can't use up my data allowance then i do have to query your usage.
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have iPhone 5s 4g... And I'm courier I just open the googles map tap the postcode check the adress that's se...very quick... About the Facebook I use about 3 or 4 times a day just to check... I'm stay out to my home 8:00 to 18:00 after that I use wifi in my home
Message 10 of 16