cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 are the worst EVER! Ordering Moto 360

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, 3 days ago I tried to pre-order the Moto 360. I tried online and got this error;

Oops, your order hasn’t been submitted.

We’re sorry but something went wrong when we tried submitting your order and it hasn’t been completed. Please try again later.

I tried later. I tried lots of times. I tried different PC's. Different browers. Tied from my phone brower. Fail after Fail. I tried different credit cards.

I tried calling the sales line, to let them try. Failed.

Each time you try over the phone, you need to give them a different email address. I have given them 9 emails in failed attempts.

The Moto 360 costs £199. When I called my credit card companies to see if there is any issues they said no. Both card are fine. One Visa one Mastercard, no blocks, no issues. They also said, that they could see THREE authorised O2 transactions on each card. So O2 have stolen £1200 of my credit balance and not even given me an order!

I have spoken to O2 via phone and chat. Told them what has happened and they do nothing. They say unless they see and order they can't do anything. Apparently, and this is a joke to me, you give them your card details, they can make a charge on your credit card, a valid one and get an authorisation code from the bank that the transaction was good. But then, if their system fails and there is no order, they dont even keep a record of this charge on your account. They have absolutely no idea about it and have no person in the O2 than can investigate anything to do with card charges. So they can happily rack up £1200 of transaction on your cards and have no record of even doing this, none!!! unbeleivable. Sounds like fraud to me. How can they not keep a record of charges they raise aginst a customer??? They say they have no order and that is why? That has nothing to do with it! if they make a charge on a customers card they should be keeping a record of this, regardless of wether they f**k the order part up or not, they should still be able to know they charged a card.

So, 3 days of trying, by numerous methods. I still have no order. I have £1200 of transactions on my cards. O2 have not even got any visability of the transactions, even though they placed the transactions on my 2 banks using card details I provided O2.

I wanted to pre-order this to get it early. Impossible with O2. They are clueless.

They are the worst, most unprofessional company I have ever had to deal with.

Message 1 of 239
238 REPLIES 238

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yet more lies from them..... GRRRR... it was NEVER even in stock. Just more lies to get people to order product they dont have!!! Trading standards please!!!

mike: at 15:18:26

My order No is ms-xxxxxxxxxxxxx
: at 15:18:41

I ordered it as soon as the page said "in stock" as I was monitoring it 😕
mike: at 15:20:46

so there is no way it sold out
mike: at 15:20:52

before I ordered
: at 15:22:53

Mike, actually we've less stock right now. The information that is show on the website is old. But you don't need to worry. I'll update your account with notes to deliver the device as soon as possible to you on priority basis.
mike: at 15:26:15

can you tell me when you are due stock? saying not to worry is no use, if you have no stock and don't know when it's due in, could be weeks? Did you even have any stock when you changes the status to "instock"?
mike: at 15:26:31

bc I ordered within minutes..
: at 15:28:15

Currently there's no update  for this. For now we're currently trying our best to fulfil as much orders as possible. There were pre orders as well made through stores.
mike: at 15:29:29

hmm... but you changed the status to "in stock" yesterday... seems this was untrue 😕
mike: at 15:29:53

seem you had no stock the moment you ddi that
mike: at 15:30:12

a bit dishonest, no?
: at 15:30:25

The reason it change to instock was for that it's available for sale from 2nd October.
mike: at 15:30:59

it doesn't say available for sale, it says in stock
mike: at 15:31:08

it's very clear what in stock means
mike: at 15:31:15

it's not an ambiguios term
: at 15:31:48

You're right.
: at 15:32:01

I'll forward  your feedback regarding this.
mike: at 15:34:13

to say "in stock" encourages a person to buy, bc thy think they are going to get it. I'm sure it must be breaking some kind of trading standard to put "in stock" to mislead someone to purchase, wehn you are fully aware you have no stock. very disingenuos
mike: at 15:35:01

can you check when you next shipment is due?
: at 15:35:20

I'm sorry to say but there's no update on that.
info: at 15:37:01

Message 41 of 239

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear about this, feel free to send me a PM and we can have a chat. I'm Toby, the community coordinator.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 42 of 239

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I too saw it showing "In Stock" yesterday.
Hopefully Toby can get to the bottom of this mystery...?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 43 of 239

Anonymous
Not applicable

Years ago when i tried to order a handset through 3 different online companies (i won't mention names) and all 3 said they had the handset in stock.

After submitting my application i received an email saying they would let me know when back in stock so i cancelled the order. This happened 3 times consecutively......i really couldn't believe it.

In the end i went direct through a high street store (and paid a premium)

Message 44 of 239

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I find it appalling that this transcript shows them saying the 'information on the website is old'...

In my opinion it is constantly 'old' then as O2 are doing this all the time.

It is an outrageous practice to sell someone goods so expensive, take your money and then tell you they are out of stock. They actually were never in stock ...Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 45 of 239

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I'd been looking forward to getting my hands on a Moto 360 but I was keen to see it in person before pre-ordering.  When I realised that the only way I'd actually get to see it was to buy one I tried to order it yesterday via the O2 website and, surprise surprise, they took my money but didn't order me a Moto 360.  I tried with another credit card and it did the same.  The resolution?  John Lewis currently have them in stock.  I've just ordered mine and I'm going to collect it on Sunday from a local Waitrose.  Do yourself a favour and order it from there!

Message 46 of 239

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable
John Lewis is out of stock...

Both me and the father in law ordered from O2 on Friday when the status was "In Stock". We both got order confirmation emails and the subsequent " dispatching shortly" emails. What confused me was their delivery schedule. On one page it says "orders placed after 10pm Friday will be delivered Monday". I ordered at 3pm Friday. However in another part of the website it says " orders placed after 10pm Thursday will be delivered Monday". Well which is it!? Either way now I'm expecting it to arrive tomorrow, however I've had no "shipped" email yet.

I checked the product page again this morning and worryingly they're now quoting available 4 weeks...
Message 48 of 239

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also, the emails say you can go to My O2 and the My Orders page...page does not exist!
Message 49 of 239

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got a email from o2, on Saturday morning 7am, saying dispatched with a tracking number. When I enter the tracker number on courier website, not found... Don't think I believe anything until it lannds on my doorstep.
Message 50 of 239