cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 are the worst EVER! Ordering Moto 360

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, 3 days ago I tried to pre-order the Moto 360. I tried online and got this error;

Oops, your order hasn’t been submitted.

We’re sorry but something went wrong when we tried submitting your order and it hasn’t been completed. Please try again later.

I tried later. I tried lots of times. I tried different PC's. Different browers. Tied from my phone brower. Fail after Fail. I tried different credit cards.

I tried calling the sales line, to let them try. Failed.

Each time you try over the phone, you need to give them a different email address. I have given them 9 emails in failed attempts.

The Moto 360 costs £199. When I called my credit card companies to see if there is any issues they said no. Both card are fine. One Visa one Mastercard, no blocks, no issues. They also said, that they could see THREE authorised O2 transactions on each card. So O2 have stolen £1200 of my credit balance and not even given me an order!

I have spoken to O2 via phone and chat. Told them what has happened and they do nothing. They say unless they see and order they can't do anything. Apparently, and this is a joke to me, you give them your card details, they can make a charge on your credit card, a valid one and get an authorisation code from the bank that the transaction was good. But then, if their system fails and there is no order, they dont even keep a record of this charge on your account. They have absolutely no idea about it and have no person in the O2 than can investigate anything to do with card charges. So they can happily rack up £1200 of transaction on your cards and have no record of even doing this, none!!! unbeleivable. Sounds like fraud to me. How can they not keep a record of charges they raise aginst a customer??? They say they have no order and that is why? That has nothing to do with it! if they make a charge on a customers card they should be keeping a record of this, regardless of wether they f**k the order part up or not, they should still be able to know they charged a card.

So, 3 days of trying, by numerous methods. I still have no order. I have £1200 of transactions on my cards. O2 have not even got any visability of the transactions, even though they placed the transactions on my 2 banks using card details I provided O2.

I wanted to pre-order this to get it early. Impossible with O2. They are clueless.

They are the worst, most unprofessional company I have ever had to deal with.

Message 1 of 239
238 REPLIES 238

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable
You guys, will not believe this. I'm still frothing so I'm going to be lazy and just post the complaint letter I sent to JOHN LEWIS today... It reveals all...

I would like to complain about your ordering system. Let me first explain that on 3rd Oct I ordered the same product from a competitor. At time of ordering it the item was showing as in stock and they took my order and money straight away. When I never received the product I spoke to their customer services. Turned out that despite the stock showing as in stock at the time, it was actually out of stock. Long story short, after many more phone calls to them and after waiting near 4 weeks, I canceled my order with them.

Same day (29th October 2014) I noticed you had the same item in stock on your website and I promptly ordered for click and collect on 30th October 2014. My order went through (29th Oct 2014 at 15:24). I received my order confirmation and details about collection on 30th (today).

I made the journey from Northampton to the Milton Keynes branch at approximately 17:00 (today 30th Oct) only to be told by the advisor that the product is in transit and due tomorrow. And that I should receive a text (news to me, it's not exactly clear in the order email to await further communication before collecting).

Obviously that was irritating enough, but I left accepting I'd have no choice but to return tomorrow.

Anyway, while travelling home I decided to call John Lewis customer services and find out more details on my order.

Just as well I did or I'd have made another wasted journey tomorrow.

Again, long story short, you have done exactly what your competitor did to me. Took my order, took my money for an item that was shown as in stock at point of order, when actually the item was out of stock.

You can not begin to understand how angry I am that this is happening again, but what makes out worse is that is from a company I regard as an honest and trustworthy company, John Lewis.

I cannot believe that companies are using online ordering systems that will take the customers money, allow the customer to believe the order is processing, when in truth the item is out of stock.

Other online retailers can get it right. I use Amazon a lot and have never had issues like this.

Sort it out.

I don't go in to one of your highstreet stores, be shown a product which is in stock, hand over my money for said product then be told I can't have the product, it's actually out of stock.

I expect you probably can't give me back my money as quickly as you took it either if I was to request a refund?

Another ridiculous aspect of both yours and the competitor I had trouble with.

Presently I'm £400 out of pocket - £200 conned from me by you, and the other £200 still processing back to my account.

Thanks for nothing.
Message 212 of 239

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

You gotta be kidding me......

original.gif

Message 213 of 239

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wish I was...

They are expecting 200 in stock on 3rd Nov now.

I honestly cannot believe my sh**ty luck with this smartwatch
Message 214 of 239

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

If there was ever anything you weren't destined to have.....

Hope it's worth all the trouble when you finally get it slight_frown

Message 215 of 239

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
(so much use from one pic, says it all this month really)
Message 216 of 239

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am honestly feeling that is the case. I'm just not destined to have one 😞
Message 217 of 239

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I am honestly feeling that is the case. I'm just not destined to have one 😞

I don't know how long you will carry on trying @Anonymous People will be buying for Xmas now...so your chances get slimmer by the day...sad to say..:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 218 of 239

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous but you can guarantee that JL's response to your complaint will be satisfactory whereas O2's will not. 

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 219 of 239

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear about your issues Chris.  Maybe as said your destined not to get one.

I'm thinking of returning mine (purchased from JL 5 days ago). Its just too buggy, keeps disconnecting from phone, voice commands not reliable, battery life poor, andriod wear is limited.

I've owned a sony smartwatch 2 before and while the moto 360 is much better looking, the Sony was better at linking my wrist to my phone...

Message 220 of 239