cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 are the worst EVER! Ordering Moto 360

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, 3 days ago I tried to pre-order the Moto 360. I tried online and got this error;

Oops, your order hasn’t been submitted.

We’re sorry but something went wrong when we tried submitting your order and it hasn’t been completed. Please try again later.

I tried later. I tried lots of times. I tried different PC's. Different browers. Tied from my phone brower. Fail after Fail. I tried different credit cards.

I tried calling the sales line, to let them try. Failed.

Each time you try over the phone, you need to give them a different email address. I have given them 9 emails in failed attempts.

The Moto 360 costs £199. When I called my credit card companies to see if there is any issues they said no. Both card are fine. One Visa one Mastercard, no blocks, no issues. They also said, that they could see THREE authorised O2 transactions on each card. So O2 have stolen £1200 of my credit balance and not even given me an order!

I have spoken to O2 via phone and chat. Told them what has happened and they do nothing. They say unless they see and order they can't do anything. Apparently, and this is a joke to me, you give them your card details, they can make a charge on your credit card, a valid one and get an authorisation code from the bank that the transaction was good. But then, if their system fails and there is no order, they dont even keep a record of this charge on your account. They have absolutely no idea about it and have no person in the O2 than can investigate anything to do with card charges. So they can happily rack up £1200 of transaction on your cards and have no record of even doing this, none!!! unbeleivable. Sounds like fraud to me. How can they not keep a record of charges they raise aginst a customer??? They say they have no order and that is why? That has nothing to do with it! if they make a charge on a customers card they should be keeping a record of this, regardless of wether they f**k the order part up or not, they should still be able to know they charged a card.

So, 3 days of trying, by numerous methods. I still have no order. I have £1200 of transactions on my cards. O2 have not even got any visability of the transactions, even though they placed the transactions on my 2 banks using card details I provided O2.

I wanted to pre-order this to get it early. Impossible with O2. They are clueless.

They are the worst, most unprofessional company I have ever had to deal with.

Message 1 of 239
238 REPLIES 238

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you getting Grey or Black Matt?

I'm assuming Grey

Message 171 of 239

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah the grey, I was waiting for it to come in - I never fancied the black.

I shouldn't be that you have to make 2 calls and go through a web chat, and make a fuss on twitter before something gets sorted 😞
Message 172 of 239

Anonymous
Not applicable
I guess I've been very lucky!

Check out the facer app its brilliant also check out http://facerepo.com/app/ for free faces.

I haven't had the latest firmware come through yet the battery hasn't been great so far but i'm putting that down to playing with it and the novelty.

Enjoy your watch when it comes!
Message 173 of 239

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I finally got my grey at lunchtime today woohoo! Imagine my surprise when another one turned up six hours later...actually not so much of a surprise from an operation like O2. I ordered one on Tuesday but when I went on live chat to see whether it had been dispatched I was told it was out of stock, so I cancelled which was confirmed by the operator. As it seemed to be still in stock yesterday and I'd calmed down I reordered.

O2 really are the most pitiful shower. I refused delivery of the second one but doubtless will now have to spend weeks chasing a refund. Incompetent in the extreme.

Message 174 of 239

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:  Spoke to an ACTUAL person in THIS country over the phone this afternoon and they were able to tell me some more information.

Apparently as my account is disconnected, my purchase was as an upgrade.  I explained that I am not an O2 customer, but I was, and I used my same old login details to purchase via the online shop.  She was quite helpful and went away to confirm that the status of my account would not hinder the processing of my order.

Long story short, their next delivery of Moto 360 Black stock is week commencing 3rd November.  She could not guarantee my order would get fulfilled then... they basically could not give me any sort of idea of when my order might be fulfilled, but to try calling on the 3rd to see if it can be.

*sigh*

I also asked her why the items say in stock on the product page when clearly they are not.  She replied 'the system is not live'.  Basically, 10 may come in to stock, 15 orders may go in, they will all be accepted and you'll be charged, but 5 of those 15 are out of luck and go in to "pre-order" status - essentially, it's out of stock and you'll have to wait.  Talk about a system that wholly benefits the retailer and shafts the customer...

Message 175 of 239

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

We know this goes on and the iphone and Note 4 threads tell you just how many people have had money taken straight away whilst waiting weeks for their devices to come into stock. Not right at all!

Message 176 of 239

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered a grey 360 on Wednesday night, because Google brought me here and the first post I read on this thread was a positive one (lucky hit, eh?), but after ordering I wished I'd read some more of the thread!

However, I had the "Thank You" and "Important information" (order being processed) emails on Wednesday, and the "Order confirmation" (dispatched) yesterday, and my 360 turned up at home about an hour ago (I haven't seen it yet, I'm at work) at the time that UKMail told me it would in a text message.

I've had no other contact with O2 or UKMail, so for me the process couldn't have gone more smoothly. I feel for those who have not had it go well, after reading more of the thread on Wednesday I was fully expecting to have to cancel the order.

As a comment on another post here, I'm not an O2 customer, but I ordered using the account I created when I was a customer.

Message 177 of 239

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone get a Light Gray when they really preferred a black one?

I have confirmed black coming next week and have a quality black metal band ready and waiting.

Will swap for a grey if anyone is interested? Will fit band and adjust links to fit wrist size if anyone is interested in a swap?

Message 178 of 239

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really wish I'd requested a refund few weeks ago now. John Lewis had stock in today on their website available for click and collect. Father in law who cancelled with O2 picks his up from John Lewis tomorrow.

Ho hum.

Message 179 of 239

Anonymous
Not applicable
WOW AGAIN, ANOTHER PROMISE ANOTHER LIE, ANYONE ELSE GETTING TIRED OF THIS. I was in communication with O2 to hear them say "they have STOCK" only to call them to verify as I DONT BELIEVE THEM, TO BE TOLD THEY HAVENT. ARRRRRR. DO THEY READ THEIR OWN POSTS.
Message 180 of 239