cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 are horrendous

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having been a O2 customer for over four years and never once missing a payment I canceled my contract to move with Vodafone when I cancelled the contract I called O2 and let me tell you even trying to speak with someone on the phone took a very very long time. So I asked the O2 advisor the outstanding amount of my bill so I could pay it and move on he advised me 37 pounds which I paid in full so for me that was me finished with O2 but oh no in there infinite wisdom they thought they would get straight in touch with a debt collecting agency for a outstanding balance of 89 pounds rather than calling me and discussing it. So this has really affected my credit score I am currently trying to get a foot on the property ladder and I have been punished by O2 not because I did anything wrong only because they are so incompetent.
I would highly recommend that anyone who is still with O2 to leave they really are horrendous
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Well as it has never happened to me in all my many years of managing household accounts I must be one of the lucky ones.

Nor to me - though I have to say that over the years I have had many DDs with many different companies that ran their full course and I think I have only ever formally cancelled one.  I have only had one instance of a payment being taken that ought not to have been and that was disocvered by the payee before I became aware of it and the sum repaid with apology within 2 days. 

Cancelling a DD with the Bank is much simpler to do nowadays with online banking.

Gerry

Message 21 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was with 02 2 years ago and never had a problem believe me when i say you will be back vodafone a total joke but i am sure you will find out good luck !!!

Message 22 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm totally in agreement. I've had so many issues from someone opening another account in my name to someone topping up using my card details. The finally straw is tonight finding out that after calling up O2 a couple of months ago to change my pay monthly to pay as you go... I'm still being charged monthly and the pay monthly line still exists. Even though I was told it had been changed over and it would take a few days, apparently nothing happened. Tried calling today to find out what happened and the queue was so long until I got a message that they're now closed and the call was ended. I've decided to leave O2 for good, don't know why I even stayed this long! Complete mess and I will never recommend them as a mobile network provider!
Message 23 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm totally in agreement. I've had so many issues from someone opening another account in my name to someone topping up using my card details. The finally straw is tonight finding out that after calling up O2 a couple of months ago to change my pay monthly to pay as you go... I'm still being charged monthly and the pay monthly line still exists. Even though I was told it had been changed over and it would take a few days, apparently nothing happened. Tried calling today to find out what happened and the queue was so long until I got a message that they're now closed and the call was ended. I've decided to leave O2 for good, don't know why I even stayed this long! Complete mess and I will never recommend them as a mobile network provider!

Your account does sound like it was handled poorly.

Before you leave unlock your phone so you can use it on another network https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form and please do check out alternative network via their own payg sim cards to ensure they give good signal etc.

Good luck.

Message 24 of 27

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Strange situation. I'm presuming then that you never received a P&G sim or topped up?

Message 25 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not that I can remember, no.
Message 26 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately u need a pay and go sim to do the transfer.Have u tried asking web chat if one has been ordered? If it hasn't  Instead of calling 202, web chat can order the sim and send the number transfer request for you, or if u have a local o2 shop u can pick up a pre pay sim there and then ask web chat to transfer the number. Hope this helps slight_smile

As for the top ups and somebody taking out a contract in your name, the words Identity theft come to mind, have u reported it to the police?

Message 27 of 27