Did you mean: 

O2 - You're so FRUSTRATING!

Mark_1980
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Sorry, but I need to rant.

I ordered an iPad Air 2 from the O2 website yesterday. I selected to collect it from my local store.

I placed the order, and was told that the iPad would be available for collection from Friday 31 July.

I passed the credit check, and received my order confirmation (again stating that the iPad could be collected on Friday 31 July).

I missed a call from O2 earlier, so I called them back. The CS Advisor put me on hold while she checked my order and then came back to me to say that the iPad was OUT OF STOCK (despite me having received an email confirmed that I could collect it on Friday 31 July)..

Seriously O2, you're ordering process is majorly flawed. Why confirm to someone that they can collect their order on a certain date when it's not even in stock..??

So, I've now cancelled the order. O2 have lost £804 in contract revenue and I'm going elsewhere. Grrrrr!

I don't care what rank I am and neither should anyone else.
Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

Mark_1980
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

*your not you're.. Damn auto correct!

Message 2 of 55

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

It's not uncommon.
Search the forum and you will see.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 55

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Same old story when ordering online, this happens far too often. I'm presuming you are still awaiting a refund.....

Message 4 of 55

Cleoriff
  • 122829 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Terrible practice by O2 and oh so common...Take your money....and either do or don't let you know it's out of stock...but hey who cares...they have your money and you don't. Probably not illegal but totally immoral Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 55

Peanut
Level 3: Thinker
  • 60 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I always go to the store if I want to order anything. Usually all done in 20 mins or so and you can wLk out with whatever you've ordered straight away, usually.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.”
Message 6 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

Once again O2 get to keep the vast amounts of interest they gain from this malpractice.

Letting you wait for the refund no doubt.

Report it to trading standards. It happens so often that if everyone does it they'd have to look into it.

Message 7 of 55

Mark_1980
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

It's ridiculous!

If I order something "click and collect" with, say Argos, it's there.

If I do the same with Next, it's there.

Same with CPW, same with just about any other high street retailer so why not o2..?

Ah well, their loss. I didn't pay anything up front, so I'm not owed any money. O2 on the other hand have just lost themselves over £800..

Message 8 of 55

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Ordering online is a total nightmare. Until they come up with a live stock system this will keep happening. All the companies you mention have a live stock system and know exactly at any given time exactly how many items they have and in which store they are located.

Message 9 of 55

Mark_1980
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Would anyone from O2 (? @Toby) like to comment on this? Why IS the online ordering process so unfit for purpose? Why do O2 think it's ok to take peoples' money (not mine this time, thankfully) before telling them that the item they ordered (and which was apparently in stock at the time of ordering) now not available..?

What an absolute joke.

Message 10 of 55