Did you mean: 

O2 - You're so FRUSTRATING!

Mark_1980
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Sorry, but I need to rant.

I ordered an iPad Air 2 from the O2 website yesterday. I selected to collect it from my local store.

I placed the order, and was told that the iPad would be available for collection from Friday 31 July.

I passed the credit check, and received my order confirmation (again stating that the iPad could be collected on Friday 31 July).

I missed a call from O2 earlier, so I called them back. The CS Advisor put me on hold while she checked my order and then came back to me to say that the iPad was OUT OF STOCK (despite me having received an email confirmed that I could collect it on Friday 31 July)..

Seriously O2, you're ordering process is majorly flawed. Why confirm to someone that they can collect their order on a certain date when it's not even in stock..??

So, I've now cancelled the order. O2 have lost £804 in contract revenue and I'm going elsewhere. Grrrrr!

I don't care what rank I am and neither should anyone else.
Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I hope you get this resolved. We are now frequently advising customers to go intore and walk out with a device

Either goods not being in stock or failure by UK mail makes buying instore a much better option

Let us know how you get on please...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 41 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

So I woke up early this mornign and had a text from UK mail stating they would deliver my parcel between 1pm and 5pm. Well, apparently 12 is between 1 and 5 according to UK mail because that's when they showed up...

In any case, I've got my delivery which is what matters but I found the whole process quite shambolic! I'll keep an eye on whether I refunded for the next day delivery fee. Again, it's not about the £4 but a question of principles. If I pay for a service that ends up not being provided, I should get my money back!

thanks for your help and advice

Have a good weekend

Message 42 of 55

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So glad you got it @Anonymous

Yes you should get the £4 refunded...as you say it isnt the money...it's the principle wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 43 of 55

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Ukmail really are terrible,
Got my next day item on the third day thanks to "rerouting" issues.
Never had this problem with dpd
Message 44 of 55

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Let's hope there is no delay recrediting the account with the delivery charge. As said, it's the principle...

Message 45 of 55

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Absolutely, you pay for priority and they failed to stick to the terms. Full refund of delivery charge.
Message 46 of 55

Peanut
Level 3: Thinker
  • 60 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I know it's probably a bit late to be posting this, but just to let you know. Your contract doesn't start until you device has been despatched to you. You bill won't be generated until about 4 days after that and doesn't come out of you bank for aproximately another 14 days. However, if there was an upfront fee to pay for the device, that needs to be paid straight away but if you change your mind, just call Customer Service (202 free) for a refund. There shouldn't be a problem. I didn't see any mention of an upfront fee though.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.”
Message 47 of 55

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Peanut I think @Anonymous was more annoyed that they had paid an additional £4.00 for next day delivery which never happened. O2 should really start using a different courier service to UK Mail...because their record for delivery when expected is absolutely appalling.....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 48 of 55

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Actually the contract starts immediately and usually if you call cs they will refund the day or so the phone was in transit to you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 49 of 55

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Many people were paying for an iphone 4-6 weeks before they received it though a call to customer service got the charges refunded. Still, it shouldn't happen in my opinion, indeed I think that quite apart from having the £4 delivery charge refunded @Mark_1980 should receive a goodwill gesture from O2 for the inconvenience.

Message 50 of 55