Did you mean: 

O2 - You're so FRUSTRATING!

Mark_1980
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Sorry, but I need to rant.

I ordered an iPad Air 2 from the O2 website yesterday. I selected to collect it from my local store.

I placed the order, and was told that the iPad would be available for collection from Friday 31 July.

I passed the credit check, and received my order confirmation (again stating that the iPad could be collected on Friday 31 July).

I missed a call from O2 earlier, so I called them back. The CS Advisor put me on hold while she checked my order and then came back to me to say that the iPad was OUT OF STOCK (despite me having received an email confirmed that I could collect it on Friday 31 July)..

Seriously O2, you're ordering process is majorly flawed. Why confirm to someone that they can collect their order on a certain date when it's not even in stock..??

So, I've now cancelled the order. O2 have lost £804 in contract revenue and I'm going elsewhere. Grrrrr!

I don't care what rank I am and neither should anyone else.
Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Good for you @Mark_1980....After your 'lie down' yesterday you have obviously got up with a determined head on Happy Dance

Edited to add...I was sure it was you that said you were off for a lie down yesterday..checked back on this thread and can't find it.....maybe someone else then....Spaced

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 55

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

I shall be sharing this discussion with the team @Mark_1980. I'll share any useful info I can.

@Anonymous Welcome! Great to hear your points and take a look around some other discussions on the community slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 22 of 55

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Anonymous no offence but you are sadly way off the mark.

The ordering system is not fit for purpose. Hundreds of people having this problem, money taken and no goods in stock, no live system so it's not surprising in the least.

It is NOT the banks who take up to 10 days to process a refund and you can take that as fact from someone who works in the banking industry.

Message 23 of 55

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
We all have our different views guys, older members and new wink

Rest assured, there are clearly frustration here about the ordering process. I shall be feeding this back, as well as seeing if anything can be done. What questions would you want to ask the relevant team if you had the chance? I can take them away.

Get involved:

Message 24 of 55

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

My main question @Toby is when will O2 be investing in a LIVE ordering system? There are far too many people who order, pay their money... only to receive information that the item is not in stock

(Some people aren't even told the item isnt in stock and they spend hours chasing it up) This is the major frustration.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 55

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Thanks for your thoughts @Cleoriff slight_smile

Get involved:

Message 26 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why has my comment been edited?

Message 27 of 55

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Why has my comment been edited?

I think it may be because the thread has been moved. It will show all the posts edited after moving.

Message 28 of 55

Mark_1980
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Well, O2 are now £804 worse off then they would have been, had they had a decent online ordering system. I went into the store today only to be told that they couldn't match their own online deals. Ridiculous.

On the plus side, I also went into Carphone a Warehouse who managed to sort me out. O2's loss...
Message 29 of 55

Mark_1980
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Apologies for the appalling spelling by the way.. Trying to write a reply in the sunshine is a bit tricky!
Message 30 of 55