cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 - Worst network in the Uk

Anonymous
Not applicable

The service I have had from O2 the last few months has been awful.

The last few months my signal at home and work is no existent. 

Ive contacted all the support people and later the high up complaints team.

And basicly it comes to this,  The mast by my home and work is broken, they dont have the part needed to fix it and dont know how long it is going to take to find. Could be months

They admit its there fault but when I ask to cancel my contract I get told "we dont cancel contracts under these circumstances"

Well what circumstances do you cancel for as my phone is un-usable.  Dont tell me to use your TU App as that seems to be made by a 5 year old and I cant use Wi-Fi at work

This company is a joke and I will be doing everything I can to let the world know how rubbish they are.

Trading standards state - If you have a poor mobile signal at home you have rights under the Sale of Goods and Services Act. It says that if there is no mobile signal in your area and you are constantly losing service, you may be able to terminate the contract for non-performance.

I have quoted this to O2 but every time it gets ignored.

Trading standars here I come.

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck with your quest.
Message 11 of 40

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

If you pursue this through the proper channels and get everything in writing I see no reason why you won't be allowed to leave your contract without penalty. Others have gone down this route and been successful.

Message 12 of 40

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Yes, as stated before, if, as per your contractual agreement, the network operator fails to provide the service as advertised and agreed, you should and can leave the agreement penalty free. However they will either request any equipment back or paid for in full which is fair.
Message 13 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

I had similar issues that you had. I sent a full details complaint to complaintreviewservice@o2.com they take about 7 days to respond.

If they are unable to resolve your issue and it is not a temporary fault then they do generally allow you to leave your contact but you do have to return any hardware you had as part of your contract.

I was given the option to leave but 7 months later the local mast has just been upgraded and I stuck with o2.

Good luck. Please let us know the outcome.
Message 14 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

do you work in milton keynes by any chance?

I am in the same boat though it seems okay at home (though i am connected to wifi there so not sure.

infuriates me that they try to push the TuGo app as if i had wifi i wouldnt care at getting no data 

Message 15 of 40

MI5
  • 144300 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Tugo is for calls - it has nothing to do with data ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tugo is also for texts
Message 17 of 40

MI5
  • 144300 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I know - The point is its NOT data !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 40

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

For complaints it's always better to put everything in writing rather than phoning especially if you've already made several calls already.

If you get nowhere down that route then a letter to the CEO usually gets a resolution of some kind in my experience.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 19 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
A relic of the past im afraid. 😞
Message 20 of 40