cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 - Worst network in the Uk

Anonymous
Not applicable

The service I have had from O2 the last few months has been awful.

The last few months my signal at home and work is no existent. 

Ive contacted all the support people and later the high up complaints team.

And basicly it comes to this,  The mast by my home and work is broken, they dont have the part needed to fix it and dont know how long it is going to take to find. Could be months

They admit its there fault but when I ask to cancel my contract I get told "we dont cancel contracts under these circumstances"

Well what circumstances do you cancel for as my phone is un-usable.  Dont tell me to use your TU App as that seems to be made by a 5 year old and I cant use Wi-Fi at work

This company is a joke and I will be doing everything I can to let the world know how rubbish they are.

Trading standards state - If you have a poor mobile signal at home you have rights under the Sale of Goods and Services Act. It says that if there is no mobile signal in your area and you are constantly losing service, you may be able to terminate the contract for non-performance.

I have quoted this to O2 but every time it gets ignored.

Trading standars here I come.

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
A mobile virtual network operator (MVNO),
Message 31 of 40

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

MVNO ...Of course...like Giff gaff?....

(and I should have known GWG) Ah well wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes like giffgaff, tesco mobile and Virgin Mobile.
Message 33 of 40

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for that @jonsie

Having seen the list I remember a lot of comments on here about LycaMobile as it used O2 network?

I think folk were worried that O2 were 'spreading themselves a bit thin'...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

I emailed the CEO and the reply said, Yes your mast is faulty, not sure on fix time. They gave me two months free as a GWG.

If i want to leave id have to pay £170ish

Id rather have a signal really.

Message 36 of 40

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It was a concern at the time @Cleoriff 

I must say that in the last few months I have noticed a lot more customers reporting network issues which have been neatly explained away as congestion.

Having said that, if all MVNOs were to lose their license tomorrow, all their customers would have to move to one of the main networks....I'm guessing there would still be the said congestion.

Message 37 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sure you would.

I'd accept the offer if it was me.

You could sell the phone to accrue the funds to pay off the contract and then move networks ~ to one you've checked out gives good signal via using payg sims where you work, live and Commute.

Edit : spelling.
Message 38 of 40

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Whilst any gesture is always welcome, you are still in the same situation @Anonymous

I'm thinking patience is the name of the game but if the situation isn't resolved in a week or so, personally I would be looking at leaving without penalty.

Message 39 of 40

iar1980
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Correction; BT will be using EE's network along with Post Office

http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/2014/07/08/post-office-enters-mobile-market-using-ees-network/

Current Phones: iPhone XS Max
Previous Phones: Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Pixel 2 XL, iPhone 7, HTC 10, HTC One (M8), HTC One (M7), iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 5s, HTC One A9, HTC Desire HD, Lumia 640 XL, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Message 40 of 40